Is Fat Grafting for the Cheeks Permanent?

Are there any new techniques that can bond the fat to your cheek bone structure and not let it fall or disperse with time? Thank You!

Fat grafting

+1

Depending on the technique and where the fat is transferred to, it can last for a long time. I have followed a patient for 15 years and the fat graft still in place. 

Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fat Grafting

+1

Hello, facial fat grafting is semi permanent. The amount of fat retention varies in every patient. I have seen patients that need a touch up after 1 year and patients that have 80% retention after 10 years. It is best that you schedule a consultation with a Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon. 

David Alessi, MD

Permanent fat grafting for cheeks

+1

Fat grafting has been done for many years.  Recent improvements in technique have decreased problems with lack of fullness after the initial post operative swelling has gone down.  Though cheek implants are very useful, the advantage of fat grafting is that it can be sculpted and shaped to address issues in your cheeks that molded implants cannot.  Seek a consultation from a board certified plastic surgeon with experience using both techniques to see which would be best for your anatomy and goals.

Leonard T. Yu, MD
Maui Plastic Surgeon

+1

I have performed many cheek augmentations over the past 25 years using cheek implants as well as temporary fillers and even fat transfer.  IMHO, no matter what anyone else says, fat is not reliable nor does it give consistent and permanent results like cheek implants.  I prefer cheek implants, is appropriate, for permanent results or Perlane for temporary filler use to shape and augment the cheeks.  I would not use or recommend fat.