Fat Grafting for a Complicated Liposuction Defect On Chin/Neck? Recommendations? (photo)

Can anyone recommend a surgeon who is highly skilled in fat grafting for complicated issues? I had laser lipo under my chin and the results are not very good, uneven and too much fat removed. I believe I may have some dermal scarring which can make my situation a bit more complicated but I have given it quite some time to heal. I am in research mode to find someone who is highly skilled to correct my specific issue . I don't want to take any chance and only want the best and most experienced

Fat transfer complications

+2

Dear sg2012,

• Which area do you live in?
  • There are qualified surgeons in all parts of the country
  • Dr. Mark Glasgold in New Jersey is an expert at this and can help

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Fat grafting after laser lipo to neck

+2

Fat grafting will give some improvement but even in the best of hands it is pretty much impossible to give you an idea of how much.  typically I advise patients that it will be better but will probably not meet their expectations.  Multiple transfers can get more improvement.  The problem is that only a tiny amount of fat can be placed or you will get a fullness that will not look good.  In some patients, I have injected adipose derived regenerative cells (isolated from their fat) into the skin at the same time as the fat transfer to help with the skin texture changes, but the results are not conclusive at this time and considered an experimental procedure.  You can probably contact some of these patients on the forums

Mark Glasgold, MD
Highland Park Facial Plastic Surgeon

#neckdefects

+1

I have performed quite a handful of these procedures with complications on the neck from laser lipolysis especially on head and neck areas. The neck can be made better with fat grafting/transfer its possible more than 1 procedure will be required to correct this.

Misbah Khan, MD

Fat Grafting to Liposuction Defect of Neck

+1

I have used fat grafting for virtually every type of defect.  Fat grafting is reasonable to reestablish the volume in the area.  Fine tuning due to dermal changes may be necessary with Belotero or Restylane.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials to help with this situation.

Fat grafting within scars

+1

Fat grafting within  scars can be unpredictable in their survival, and more than one session might be required. Multiplanar injections would give you the best chance of success.

If you give us your location, we might be able to give you a recommendation for a surgeon.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Laser liposuction can have some unwanted collateral damage.

+1

All medical lasers work by targeting a molecule in tissue to absorb the wavelength of electromagnetic energy generated by the laser. All laser energy then is converted into heat. The picture demonstrates what appears to be some intradermal scarring created by thermal damage to the dermis. This damage is permanent.

Fat Grafting for Neck Skin Irregularities

+1

The most relevant question is whether fat grafting will be successful for your specific neck problem. Skin irregularities in the neck are notoriously difficult to improve and skin release alone will not provide a long-term solution. Adding fat into the neck to improve these irregularities is a logical approach but is tempered by the issues of getting it even (very difficult), how well the fat will survive and whether the skin should be released either concomitantly or after fat grafting.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD