Fat Grafting for Botched Lipo Correction? (photo)

1st Lipo 12 months + 2nd - 10 months back. I don't wish to touch "virgin areas" of lipo to avoid further possible setbacks. I wish to go for micro-lipo conservatively under local. Plus, I've bad hypertrophy tendency. 1) Can these be treated with smallest diameter micro-cannulas (1 mm) for combination procedure (suction+grafting) 2)Where these can be inserted other than bikini line, like navel sides to avoid visible scars3) tumescing the upper ab will hinder grafting in navelline dents+lower ab

Fat grafting deficit areas post Liposuction

+2

First, fat grafting can help you.  Second, you will likely need to have fat obtained from virgin areas.  Photos do not allow precise evaluation.  Third,  in all cases a micro approach is useful but you do appear to have larger deficits.  Fourth, you cannot do this under local because local masks the recipient areas.  Fifth,  search for a doctor that is doing a lot of fat grafting in your area.  Sixth,  find a doctor that is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons and certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.   Seventh, remember this is going to be a series of treatments and unlikely a single session.   My Best,  Dr C

Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Fat Grafting for Liposuction Irregularities

+2

If you do not have any fat in the overresected areas and you want fat grafting, you will need to liposuction from virgin areas.  Small cannulae can be used but local is NOT a good idea.  You will need this to be as precise as possible, and filling the areas with local anesthesia obscures volumes.   Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction procedures and fat grafting procedures each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Fat Grafting can help correct these areas

+1

You need a combination of liposuction for the areas where there is still excess fat, like the upper abdomen, and fat grafting to the areas where there is too much removed.

This has to be done meticulously and with small canullae for the liposuction and the fat grafting, but not neccesarily with micro canullae, because these are more suited for small areas of grafting such as in the face. You may need several sessions of fat grafting for the severely depressed areas.

Good Luck

Rodney A. Green, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Contour irregularities after liposuction might require fat grafting.

+1

The picture demonstrates some depressed areas 10 months after treatment. It looks as though these will require fat grafts to smooth out the contour. This complication should be rare with liposuction.