Fat Grafting to Correct Blepharoplasty?

I am 2 weeks post op from a Brow lift and upper eye Blepharoplasty. I am not happy with my eyelids. I have lost the softness and not they are too deep set and I have too much lid showing.

How long do I have to wait before I get Fat grating and when will I see final result on my eyes? It has been a very depressing week. I wish I had found you first.

It always looks like you have too much lid and this will get better

+2

The deep set eyes are a part of the aging process. You can do fat grafting to improve this. The larger eyelid showing might improve over time. As your eyelids rest and the swelling goes down the eyelids will show less. Fat grafting is comlicated so you want to go to someone that has a lot of experience with fat grafting around the eyes. My opinion is that volumizing is really important to bring back the youthful volume that people used to have when they were younger.

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Give it time

+2

Give it time. Don’t despair now it’s too early for that. There can be significant swelling that will go away, but before it does, it can make the eyelids show more. As there may be continued improvement for a couple of months, you don’t want to have anything injected too soon.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Viafill is the answer

+1

First, you are way too early to make any judgement about your own particular case.

But if you decide to have fat injections on the eyelids, the only way to be sure that you are getting great results is to have your surgeon use the Viafill System. The fat is in very small pearls of fat that are well tolerated and very smooth. This eliminates the complaints of lumpiness.

Robert M. Freund, MD

Wait 3-4 month minimum for secondary bleph but do not expect that to be risk free

+1

As all have suggested, allow some time to elapse before judging your result.

If you continue to wish to have fat grafting, it is generally a good idea to wait a minimum of 3-4 months before undergoing a secondary procedure.

However, please realize that fat grafting is not risk free. Read more about the advantages and disadvantages on this website.

Your Blepharoplasty results soften after 6 weeks

+1

It is too early to be concerned. The combination of a brow lift with the upper blepharoplasty accentuates the deep set look.

Give it 6 weeks to soften.

Fat grafting can be done but I agree wait 6 months after Blepharoplasty.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Blepharoplasty Correction

+1

Dear Pocol1234, I am sorry to hear that you are unhappy with your results. You are early in the recovery period and there may be changes that you like as the surgical swelling resolves. I would wait for 3 months before anything is done from a surgical or non-surgical stand point. You should follow up with your surgeon as he/she would be best to guide you through your recovery.

With Warm Regards,

Trevor M Born MD

Trevor M. Born, MD

Waiting Period for Fat Grafting after Browlift and Blepharoplasty

+1

It souds like, significant amounts of fat were removed from the lids. I would wait approximately 6 months before the fat transfer. You could consider a temporary filler (such as hyaluronic acid products) in the mean time to soften the look.

Frank P. Fechner, MD
Worcester Facial Plastic Surgeon