If some of the fat grafted to cheeks survive and some die. Wouldn't that create unevenness as time goes by?

+1

I have performed Cheek Augmentation, for over 25 years, using fillers (I prefer Perlane), Cheek Implants and in the late 1980's fat transfer.  In my opinion, you are correct that some of the fat dissolves making this an unreliable method of augmentation in my opinion.  I prefer using temporary fillers and cheek implants to creat ethe proper aesthetic shape to the cheeks.

Fat absorption after cheek augmentation

+1

The answer depends on how and where the fat is placed.

Fat should be injected into several layers in order to increase survival.

Assuming that the fat injected to the cheeks is injected properly this is usually not an issue.

Fat injected to the groove between the eyelids and cheek can lump more frequently than in the cheeks themselves.

Please consult with an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon prior to making treatment decisions.  Cheers

Luis A. Cenedese, MD, FACS