Will Fat Transfer Help Restore Lost Volume to Breasts?

Hello, I am 33 years old, I have plenty of extra fat to go around and a 40 H cup. After breastfeeding for 3 years I lost a lot of volume, causing my breasts to appear almost liquidy. (For example they will shift or spill out of my bra if I bend or move a certain way) Can Fat grafting help me "refill" my lost volume? Thank you!

Fat grafting to breasts

+2

Yes fat grafting to the breasts can be sued to augment the breast overall or in specific positiosn, e.g. the upper protion or the lower portion. However from your description, it seems that you hjave loose deflated breasts. You may need a combination of breast lift with fat transfer.

Breast enlargement with fat grafting

+1

Unfortunately, too much misinformation is out there regarding fat grafting. It sounds wonderful and easy but, in reality, a lot of the fat that is taken from somewhere and "transplanted"(for that is what the plastic surgeon is doing) does not survive. If 50% lasts after one month, then that would be considere an excellent result. Don't be fooled if somew=one says it will be more.

Fat injections into the breasts is still quite controvertial for later it may mimic what a breast cancer may look like. Also, the gain in volume at most is about 1/2 cup size-probably hardly enough to help in your situation. Breast implants are still your best option to achieve what you want. The surgery is relatively inexpensive, I bet almost as much as some "expert" fat injectors would charge you, the recovery is quick-full activity after one week.

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Fat Grafting for Breasts

+1

Yes, fat grafting can be useful for breast enhancement. If you post pictures, we may be able to give you more specific advice. However with 40 H cup breasts, I really think that fat grafting alone is not going to achieve the result that you are looking for. Good luck.

David Shafer, MD