Fat Grafting After Buttocks Liposuction

i had a buttocks liposuction around 3 weeks ago, after the swellings went down i have 2 quite deep creases at each side,1 where my buttocks crease is and 1 further below starting from the cut where the doctor but the needle in all along the tight parallel to the buttocks crease. how long do i have to wait to get a fat graft to fill theses creases or is there a chance that they will dissapeare or at least get better when all swelling is gone?

Fat grafting as a revision.

+1

For liposuction it really takes about 4 months to see near final results. If you have concerns about uneven areas I would talk with your PS. Sometimes massage can help, but time will be your biggest help. I never consider revision of liposuction areas until at least 6 months. Hang in there, odds are any issues will resolve on their own. Dr Kerr

Liposuction - Indentations, Depressions and Irregularities

+1

Hi netherlands2511,

It takes about 4-6 weeks to see 85% of the result after a lipo, 3 months for 95% and 6 months for the entire result.  It's quite common to have swelling, distortion and irregularities in the early post-operative period, and they often settle down on their own.

That, of course, is not a guarantee that they will.  You should obviously stay in touch with your plastic surgeon and in the event that something needs to be or can be done, you'll be well-positioned for it.  Among the choices will be fat grafting, additional lipo around the areas that are indented, or a combination.

For now, though, I would suggest just massage and waiting it out and hopefully everything will be fine on its own.

I hope that this helps, and good luck,

Dr. E

Liposuction creases can be filled with fat injections.

+1

creases after liposuction in some individuals are just a temporary phenomenon related to focal swelling of tissue.  Some people develop banana rolls on the upper back of the thigh below the buttock crease and this is not always easily corrected but most liposuction surgeons would prefer to wait three to six months after liposuction before filling an area with fat injections.

Web reference: http://www.thenyac.com/liposuction/index.html

Creases After Liposuction

+1
Liposuction is very tricky when it comes to recovery. Swelling varies in each and every patient. I think you should wait several months to see what the overall outcome is. Also, ask your doctor about your diet and if there is anything that you can do to help reduce excess swelling. You may want to watch your salt intake and the like. Fat Grafting will help if the creases remain, but wait a little while. Best of Luck!

Liposuction

+1

It is too early to tell at this time.  You must wait several months and then see what is left.  Areas that are depressed can be filled with fat grafting.

Fat grafting after liposuction

+1

At this point it would probably be difficult to correct.  There is still swelling to decrease and scar formation to relax.  Having some massage of the area may be helpful in the healing process and hopefully it will not be quite as noticeable in a few months.  Probably 3 to 6 months to consider the fat grafting.

Reston Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.