Can I Use Botox In The Same Area As Previous Fat Transfer?

I Recently Had Fat Grafted Under my Eyes. Can I Still Use Botox in the Future in That Area?

Yes, of course you can have botox...

+1

in an area previously treated with fat grafts...nothing to do with one another...no special problem at all...

Botox after fat transfer

+1

There are no problems in having Botox or fillers after fat transfer. I would definitely not do any treatments for at least 1 month after your fat transfer to make sure that things are stable.

Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox after fat grafting

+1

You can absolutely use Botox after fat grafting.  They tend to work at different tissue planes, but I would still wait for a few weeks to allow the tissues to reduce their swelling.  This will ensure the Botox is getting to the muscle rather than permeate in the swollen tissues.

Botox doesn't interfere with fat injections

+1

You may not be able to have Botox injected in an area of fat injections, if Botox were to create a functional loss of muscle activity. Usually fat injections are done in cheeks and smile creases, and the prejowl sulcus, not areas that typically have botox because of the effect it can have on muscle control.  However, the Botox injections would not interfere with the fat grafts previously placed, or vice-versa.

Web reference: http://www.thenyac.com/botox/index.html

THe real question is not whether you can have Botox injected in the same area as fat transfer,

+1

you can, but rather why would you want to do so.  Fat transfer is a filler treatment, in the same category as Restylane, Juvaderm,  Sculptra, etc., and Botox is a muscle relaxant in the same category as Dysport (and others outside the United States).  To my way of thinking, these two separate classes of injectables are best used to treat different problems.  If facial lines can be divided into those caused by muscular activity ("the hills"), and those caused by loss of  volume ("the valleys"), then each problem can be best treated in different ways.  The hills are best treated by relaxing the hyperactive muscles of facial expression to flatten them out, in areas such as the forehead, glabella (base of the nose between the eyebrows), Crow's feet or laugh lines by the eyes, platysmal bands in the neck, etc.  The valleys are best treated by filling them in with the fillers, treating deep nasolabial folds, marionette lines under the mouth, hollow area under the eyes, etc.  So, in general, Botox and fat transfer have their own differnet uses, and rarely need to be givn in the same site. 

Web reference: http://www.plasticsurgeryweb.com

White Plains Plastic Surgeon

Botox in area of fat injection

+1

I assume the Dr injecting Botox will be the same one who did the fat transfer.

In that case, he/she is knowledgeable about the location and the amount of Botox to be injected.

The only problem that would arise is to have the Botox injected in a Spa by an untrained person.

Chicago Dermatologist

Botox and fillers

+1

The short answer to your question is yes. There is no reason you cannot have Botox injections around your eye areas even if you have had a fat injection.

Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox and fat injections

+1
Botox works by paralyzing the muscle at the neuromuscular junction. Therefore it should have no impact on your fat injections. Dr. Cat Begovic

Web reference: Http://www.makeyouperfect.com

Botox after fat grafting

+1

Botox can be safely injected in an area of previous fat grafting without compromising your result.

Yes, fat transfer is not a contraindication to Botox

+1

There is no reason that you cannot have Botox in an area where you have previously had fat transfer.

Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon