Will a Fat Transfer Restore Natural Contour, Firmness and Support Beneath Areola? (Photos)

It seems a fat graft implant is best to fill the void left from an over-resection of glandular tissue from beneath my areolas when I was just 15 yrs old. I am now 43 yrs old and I am hoping the fat graft implant is a permanent solution, even if it requires two procedures (given the nature of fat survival). My question: Will the fat graft provide a similar firmness and shape that glandular tissue normally provides--enabling the areolas to protrude slightly even w/ arms raised?

Breast Fat Transfer is a good solution for contour deformity of Breast, Areola, and Nipple

+1

Fat Transfer or Fat Grafting is an excellent procedure for correcting contour deformities of the Breast, Areola and Nipple whether resulting from over resection during Gynecomastia Surgery, Breast Reduction Surgery or Breast Augmentation or Breast Implant Surgery.

Recently Fat Transfer or Fat Grafting of the Breast has been successfully used in the place of Breast Implants for Breast Augmentation.

Survival of the Fat Cells that are Transferred or Grafted is the key to a good result. Often as many as 50-60% of Fat Transferred cells die necessitating a second Fat Transfer procedure, Newer Fat Harvest Techniques such as Adivive can increase the number of viable Fat Cells which can improve Fat Graft survival

Fat Transfer

+1

The fat best survives near a muscle where the blood supply is more abundant.  However, near the surface, the blood supply is more limited and survival is not as certain and at the very least, the percentage of survival is less.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

I agree, Fat grafting would be a good solution for you.

+1

Fat grafting is probably the only reasonable solution for this problem. It may take more than one session, but you seem to be prepared for that.

Good luck

Rodney A. Green, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Fat Grafting to Smooth Cotour Irregularity of the Chest

+1

Fat transfer is a good solution for fixing a contour deformity such as the one you show in your photo.  When too much tissue is taken with a gynecomastia procedure it leaves a hollow area under the nipple.  Fat can be taken from elsewhere (like your abdomen) and used to create support for the niplle-areolar area.  It may take more than one procedure to fine tune the right amount to place but it is well worth undertaking.  A good result is possible.

Mary Lee Peters, MD

Fat injections for deformity following gynecomastia surgery

+1

Fat transfer is a great option to correct the contour deformities that you have following your gynecomastia procedure years ago. There will need to be release of the scar tissue in order to allow the tissue to accommodate and contour appropriately with the injected fat.

When performed with proficiency and with the right conditions, the results can be quite good though there is never any guarantees. You may need more than one procedure to obtain this type of outcome.

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

Nipple areola deformity

+1

Your post surgical nipple areola deformity( dish deformity) is best corrected by fat grafting.

A frked canula can be used to release the scar under the nipple areola and deposit the fat graft.

Expect to have more than one session of fat grafting to the nipple arela and surrounding breast to blend and contour the breast back to normal shape.

Fat transfer for correction of breast or areola deformities

+1

Fat transfer or fat grafting for correction of breast or areolar deformities is an excellent option. in your case, a small incision is used to free the subdermal attachments, thus releasing the internal scar, and then overcorrecting the depression through fat grafting. In 30% of procedures, a second procedure may be necessary as we can't predict the long term survival of fat grafts. The down side is that you'll require a separate small incision elsewhere to obtain the fatfor grafting. However, the procedure is safe, reliable, consistent, with a short recovery.

Jeffrey D. Hoefflin, MD

Fat transfer can restore contour to breasts

+1

Fat transfer is the procedure of choice to restore the contour to your breasts.  It can be challenging to release scars that may tether the nipple skin down.  You are correct, it may take multiple procedure to acheive the best result.  THe fat transfer is long lasting, possibly permanent, and does feel very normal when healed.

Daryl K. Hoffman, MD
Los Gatos Plastic Surgeon