Fat Graft on Face - I Wish To Lose All of It, But How?

my facial fat transfer surgery has been done for a year and so far it has lost great amount around 65% to say conservatively. However I am still not very happy with it and hope that it will be all gone. I am 26 this year. Can someone advise whether it can be all gone and anyway to effectively contribute to its loss? like radiofrequency, lipo, or even massage, really appreciate your help!

Removal of fat grafting from the face is problematic.

+1

A reason to start with fillers rather than fat is reflected in your dilemma. The fat that remains permanent and will be difficult to remove to return your face to its pretreated condition.

Non-Surgical Fat Grafting Reduction

+1

At one year after your facial fat grafting, the amount of fat that remains is stable. For those areas in which undesired fat graft persists, you can try radio frequency treatments like Exilis to create further fat resorption.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Contour irregularity

+1

At 1 year out, the fat that is remaining is not going away on its own. If there was an area that had contour irregularity, it can be addressed with steroid injection and possible micro-liposuction. However if you are unhappy with its overall effect, meaning you don't like the fuller face that has resulted from the injection, those modalities will not be very helpful. However facial fat does respond to weight change, so if you wanted to have your face look a bit less full, you could consider weight loss, if that is an option for you.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Removing Fat Grafts After One Year

+1

After a period of a year the grafts will have incorporated into your facial fat and can only be removed or contoured accurately with a liposuction procedure. There area number of ways to effect the grafts while they are taking but only a few ways to do so after full healing. Steroid injections are a common way to dissolve subcutaneous tissue but the steroids will dissolve all of the tissue including normal facial fat and are very hard to control. Secondary facial contouring with small canula liposuction seems the best option at this point.

Paul S. Howard, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon