Options for Non-Invasive Removal of Fat Graft to Cheeks?

i hate my cheek fat graft its disgusting and big i would like to remove it, what are some non invasive ways to remove the fat grafting, it seems not to want to dissolve in body whatsoever, i am stressed out by it very much please help.

Patience is key with fat grafting

+2

Nearly all patients require a few weeks to adjust to the volume expansion of their face before the initial swelling resolves and the graft begins to settle. The results become appearant after the first 4-6 weeks with some massaging and molding of the graft site. After that,you want to have a critical and objective assessment of volume, position, symmetry etc. Small areas of asymmetric fullness can be treated with corticosteroid injection but you need be careful not to cause subdermal lipoatrophy and deformity. You must give this time as the results often improve weekly but if its been several months and there is dissatisfaction with results, you may either elect to add more fat to chieve better contour and symmetry or possibly reduce the fat by small corticosterod injections or by using subdermal LASER application such as Smartlipo. Such LASER must be used with caution in sculpting facial fat. In my practice, facial fat sculpting is performed with Smartlipo LASER under local anesthesia with a short downtime. This is certainly not the first line of adjustment of volume for facial fat transfer, but may be an option down the line. Just make sure that your doctor has experience with liposculpting of face with such LASERs.

Brookline Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fat graft to cheeks

+2

A critical point is how long has the graft been in place. If very recent [ under 1 month] , I suggest waiting. If the fat has been there longer, injections with a corticosteroid can decrease the size. It would be done on a monthly basis , with a cautious approach, to assess the progress  & not cause unsightly indentations.

Khaled El-Hoshy, MD
Detroit Dermatologic Surgeon

Dissolving grafted facial fat

+2

One non-invasive way to decrease the grafted facial fat include steroid injection. I would wait at least 18 months after your surgery before trying to dissolve the fat, though as the grafts evolve until that time. It would be best to make sure you have a firmer end point before revising anything.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Fat grafting will resorb partially.

+1

You have not provided information regarding how long it has been since the fat grafting too place. Fat will tend to resorb by about 40-60% [and sometimes more] over a period of a few months, so give it time and see how things settle. Focal areas may be treated with steroid injections, but again photos, front view, side view, and three quarter view would be helpful to see contours

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Fat Transfer

+1

Unfortunately there is no easy way to remove fat once transferred. Thank you for your question and good luck with everything.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon