Was too much fat taken from saddlebag area? (photo)

I had liposuction approx 4 months ago to inner/outer thighs, saddlebags, and banana roll. I think the shape of my new hiney is a little too square (where before it was heart shaped with extra fat from pregnancy). Can this be corrected and if so, am I taking a chance on it looking weird/worse? The plastic surgeon already feels he may need to do a revision on the inner thighs, so my faith in him is somewhat wavering.. How common are these problems with liposuction?

Liposuction

+1

It's difficult to answer your question without seeing a photo of how the area looked before the surgery. Can you post this? These issues can happen after liposuction. If you can't post a photo from before, then discuss your concerns with your PS. A second opinion from a Board Certified plastic surgeon in your area is also a good idea.

Consider fat grafting

+1

Dear tmam,

It sounds like you think too much fat was removed from your hips/thighs. This is of course an aesthetic decision that each individual has to make on their own. If you would like more curvature to the hip area, which I agree, you will need fat grafting. The fat will likely come from the lower back area.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Liposuction of Saddle Bags

+1

It doesn't appear that there is an objectionable result. If you're lacking faith in your surgeon you may want to see another surgeon for a second opinion. You really should be comfortable with your surgeon.

Best of luck to you.

David Cangello, MD

Was too much fat taken from saddlebag area?

+1

I do not see anything objectionable about the result, but liposuction results can be tailored to meet the desires of the individual. The areas can be revised if you would like.