Enough Fat for the Brazilian Butt Lift? (photo)

I am 5'9" and 150 pounds. I know this sounds small compared to what I see most women successfully getting this procedure weigh. But, I am normally 12 pounds lighter than this when in my best shape. Do I have enough fat to make a big enough difference in the roundness of my butt, similar to the wish pic? (I am pretty flat) Would adding another 3 or 4 pounds help, or is this not even enough? Thank you for your answers!

Enough Fat for the Brazilian Butt Lift?

+2

Yes, you do have enough fat to get a nice difference, and I think you would be quite happy with your results.  Good luck!

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Yes, it appears that you have enough fat to make result worth it

+2

Thank you for the question and photos.  It appears that you have enough fat to achieve a very nice result.  How much fat can be placed will depend on how much you want, how much fat you have, but also on how relaxed your tissues are to accommodate the volume of fat placed.  It looks like you have the beginnings of a very nice result.

Dr Remus Repta 

Remus Repta, MD

Good candidate for Buttock Augmentation

+2

Looking at your pictures, you seem that you would be able to achieve a similar result to your "wish pic". I would recommend consulting with a board certified plastic surgeon to have a formal examination and to discuss your goals for surgery. You most definitley will see much improvement to your waist line.

Leo Lapuerta, MD

Enough fat for Brazilian Butt Lift

+2

Thank you for your question.  Based on your photos, I think you currently probably have enough fat to harvest to give you the fullness you are seeking for your buttocks.  I would recommend scheduling a consultation.  An exam will allow your plastic surgeon to assess your fat stores and make sure the two of you see eye-to-eye about your results.

Andrew Jimerson, MD

Enough fat for BBL...yes!

+1

Linda:

Based on the photos, I would say yes.You might also want to consider combining it with a tummy-tuck to take care of the loose skin the front.

hope this helps,

Dr. Michael in Miami

Michael Salzhauer, MD

Do I have Enough Fat for the Brazilian Butt Lift? Shjould I gain some Weight first?

+1

The quanitification of what "ENOUGH" is has been the base of many human conflicts. While the same quantity(weight, money, possesions, etc) may be sufficient  for one person it is commonly not sufficiant or enough for another. In your case, "enough" fat would depend on your starting butt volume, shape and fat distribution and on what your end goal of appearance may be in a woman of your height / size.

If you have a realistic butt augmentation goal AND have sufficient fat that can be harvested there is no reason why that goal could not be met. However, I would NOT recommend you gain weight just to meet that goal. Aside from the dubious health issues associated with weight gain and obesity you need to stop for a second and consider what you are doing. In gaining weight you are increasing the amount of fat deposited in each fat cell. You are NOT increasing the number of fat cells. As a result, if you lose weight after the Brazilian Butt lIFT, THE AMOUNT OF FAT WILL FALL IN EACH OF YOUR FAT CELLS LEADING TO AN OVERALL deflation OF THE FAT IN THE BODY, INCLUDING THE BUTT.

As a result, just like in construction, it is always best to start with a stable foundation. Start with your ideal body weight and have your Plastic surgeon design a nice round butt based on THAT appearance.

Good Luck.

Peter a Aldea, MD
Memphis, TN