Can a fat flap be treated with liposuction ?

I had a body lift with fat flap buttock augmentation 2 years ago. I hate the outcome. It lools just like love handles. Can this be treated with liposuction, so they are completely gone? Thanks gor your answers!!

Can a fat flap be treated with liposuction?

+2
   Flap thinning by liposuction would be a reasonable option.

Los Angeles, CA.........

It may be possible to a just a fat flap with liposuction.

+2
There is not enough information to be able to comment on your specific case. If the problem is surplus fat liposuction is a legitimate alternative to shaping the fat flap.

Flap and Liposuction

+2
Liposuction could be a reasonable option if surgery was performed more than 6 months ago and you still do not have the outcome you were hoping.  I wish you the best of luck, Dr. Emer.

Lipo

+2
Liposuction seems to be a reasonable option. Please give the flap time to heal and settle first before coming to any early conclusions

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Liposuction

+1

To best help you, a physical examination or picture evaluation is required in order to determine which procedures and techniques will be best for your case.

Dr. Campos

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Fat flap liposuction

+1
Thank you for your liposuction question.

• Liposuction has been used successfully to thin flaps of all kinds that are too fat,
  • It may not remove the entire 'love handle' look that you don't like
  • An exam is needed to see if it is the best approach for you Best wishes.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Liposucton of a flap

+1
There is no reason out of hand that a flap can not be treated with liposcution.  See your plastic surgeon to discuss.

Michael B. Tantillo, MD