Can Fillers Be Injected in the Fold of the Arm?

Can fat, Juvederm or some other filler be injected into the fold of the arm? I have very loose crepey skin there and I'd like to try and gain some volume. I'm only 40 and my arms look they're from a 55-year-old.

Accent XL for Loose Crepey Skin of the Arms

+2

Hi Ann,

Fillers will not help as you would need far too much.

Accent XL has been used in our office over the past 2 years with nice results.  It is a series of radiofrequency treatments that feels like a warm massage.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Fillers in the arm

+2

Fillers in the arm would requires lots and lots of product, way too much.  It is not reasonable or financially feasible and unlikely to produce a result that you or your plastic surgeon would be happy with.

Remove the loose skin is what is generally done to help smoothen and tighten the arms.

Web reference: http://www.feplasticsurgery.com/orange-county-fat-grafting.php

Injecting fillers in the folds of the arms is not a standard procedure

+1

Injecting fillers in the arms fold will probably not last long enough and is not cost effective plus the material may cause some lumpiness

Thermage and Fraxel laser treatments may be better choices for arms to get some tightening, although multiple treatments maybe necessary.

Thermage new body tips have improved and we are seeing better results than the previous body tips.

Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon

Fillers in the arm

+1

In addition to what has been said, it is likely, because of the constant motion of the arms that the filler would last even less time than in areas not under such constant motion.  So the temporary nature and the costs may be somewhat prohibitive based on what you would like to achieve.

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Filler in the arms

+1

There has been a report of injecting a hyaluronic acid similar to Juvederm, in the skin of the arm with improvement. One possible side effect is that the fold of the arm has such thin skin, that the filler might be visible as lumps.

Web reference: http://www.thenyac.com

Fillers no but I guess fat

+1

I have heard of rejuvenation of the hands by injecting fat but I've never heard of anyone injecting fat into the arms.  Theoretically it could be done.  Fill would be less useful as they aren't permanent and it would probably take a lot of it to fill these depressions.

Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Fillers for arms

+1

Fillers for the arms will unlikely give you the fill you need. Loose skin of the arms is a tough thing for patients to deal with. The choices are limited.  Live with it or have skin excision with the concomitant scars on the arm.

Poor Choice

+1

The volume of filler you would need would be very expensive and would be ulikely to give you the look you would like.

Frankly, there is no medical device that is overwhelming effective. Some people have had good success with the Tiitan device. This utilizes infra-red to heat the dermis. The subsequent healing can cause some tightening.Some have hzad good results with the Accent XL which uses two radiofrequency waves, one bipolar and the other unipolar. The bipolar waves appear to tighten the skin. Thermage has a spotty history but supposedly has been revamped and is providing improved results. It also uses radiofrequency waves.
My suggestion would be to forget the idea of fillers. Hop around this site to see what others who have undergone the procedure think of their results, call around and make a choice.

Virginia Beach Dermatologist

Fillers in arms are not likely to achieve your desired goals

+1

I would discourage you from contemplating fillers for the arm. It would be unlikely to achieve a satsifactory result and would require extensive amounts of product. The results would be temporary.

Fillers won't help

+1

As stated by Dr Esmailian, fillers are not economically feasible or medically indicated. You may want to research Thermage or Titan. These are non surgical skin tightening technologies that have had some limited success on the arms.