Do I Have Enough Fat for a Fat Transfer?

I am terrified of getting buttock implants due to the un natural feel and complications. I really want the fat transfer but im not sure i will get the desired result could you plese help me decide based on photo could i get a good result? I am 5' 11 and 192 pounds at present as ive recently put on weight.. thanks for any suggestions :)

Enough fat for fat grafting to the buttock

+2

Based on your photo I would say that you do have enough fat for buttock augmentation with fat grafting.  If I were the one doing the procedure I would likely need to liposuction your upper and lower abdomen, and likely your flanks as well to get enough.  Definitely possible though.

Enough fat for buttock augmentation?

+1

Steph23:

At your height and weight you should definitely have enough donor fat to use for buttock augmentation. It is important to remove fat from the adjacent flanks (the lower back area above the buttocks) and sacral (the lowermost back in the middle) areas at the same time that buttocks are augmented (see photos in the web reference). This approach improves the curvature of the lower back and buttock area and enhances the aesthetics of the whole region. The fat removed by liposuction is generally enough to use for buttock augmentation.

Robert C. Langdon, MD
Guilford Dermatologic Surgeon

Buttock fat injections

+1

You might have enough donor volume to provide fat cells to allow for buttock fat transfer, fat grafts, fat injections.  It may depend on your build, and how the fat cells "take" in the new area.  Sometimes the fat grafts need to be done several times.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Fat transfer should work well for you

+1

If you are looking for a moderate augmentation, you should be an ideal candidate for fat transfer to the buttocks. Remember though, that as important as the actual fat transfer is the actual shaping of the buttock that your surgeon performs by selective fat transfer and liposuction.

Jeffrey Hartog, MD

Adequate Fat for Fat Transfer

+1

You do have enough fat for fat lipoaugmentation. I don't know if you'll get a good result because that requires a lot more than an adequate supply of fat. Choose an experienced surgeon.

Enough Fat for the Brazilian Butt Lift?

+1

Hi Steph
From your height and weight as well as looking at your picture, it appears that you should have plenty of fat to have the Brazilian Butt Lift.  However, there is no way to be sure without examining you in person.  
I agree with you.  I have performed Hundreds of these procedures and in my experience, there is no question, the Brazilian Butt Lift is a much safer procedure with much more natural results than Buttocks Implants. Be sure you choose a surgeon experienced in these pecedures.
Good Luck! 

Daniel P. Markmann, MD

Estimating fat prior to fat transfer procedures

+1
Fat grafting to the buttock is an effective procedure to enhance the appearance of the buttock. Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon with experience in this specialized procedure for a consultation.

Scott C. Sattler, MD, FACS