Does Fat Drop into Place After Fat Transfer?

I had fat transfer 2 days ago and although I know its too early to see end results yet, my ps keeps telling me the fat is going to drop into place, he has placed most of the fat above my bum in the lower back region, even when I voiced my concerns that the markings were too high before surgery he reassured me that the fat will drop down.I this so?

Does buttock fat drop

+1

Yes there is a certain descent with time. The fat will change with time as swelling goes down. This is not you final result

FAt "dropping into place" after fat transfer

+1

I have no idea what your PS means by "dropping in to place" means, but the best thing you can do at 2 to10 days is to avoid a mirror. Your worst day for swelling is the second post operative day. Try to be patient. There will be swelling even after 3 months, although most of it will have diminished by then.

E. Ronald Finger, MD
Savannah Plastic Surgeon

Fat will atrophy

+1

I'm not sure what he means by "drop into place". What he may be indicating is that some of the fat will not survive and will "shrink" or atrophy. This is certainly true.

Please be patient with you body and allow it to heal.

Re visit this in at least 3 months.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Does fat drop after Fat transfer

+1

Please listen to your doctor.  It is anyone's guess what will be the ultimate outocome of your fat transfer procedure.  But please try to judge the results of your surgery at 3 or 6 months and not at just 2 days.  Be patient!

Lawrence Kass, MD
Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon