RF / Laser Treatments While Breastfeeding

Why Are Fat / Cellulite Reduction Radio Frequency / Laser Treatments for Body Not Recommended While Breastfeeding? Thx. 

Cellulaze 6 months after pregnancy

+1
If interested in the Cellulaze procedure then I would wait until after your pregnancy. You are not allowed to be breast feeding until 6 months post procedure. After 6 months consult with your surgeon to be sure you are a candidate at that point.

Brazilian Cellulite Treatment for cellulite on the buttocks and thighs

+1

I would advocate the Brazilian Cellulite Treatment that works to percutaneously release fasciocutaneous bands that cause cellulite. This may appropriate for women that are breastfeeding. An examination prior to schedule would be appropriate.

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Breast Feeding and cellulite reduction

+1

Thanks for your question.  Patients that are breast feeding, or are pregnant for that manner, are difficult to include in studies, as no investigator wants to be responsible for harming an unborn child or newborn.  Since cellulite procedure are elective and not life-threatening, board certified plastic surgeons will defer elective procedures until you are not breast feeding and your weight has stabilized.  Once you are ready for the procedure, I would recommend Cellulaze for your cellulite.

Cellulaze is the first FDA approved minimally invasive, one-time treatment for cellulite.  It utilizes a 1440 nm side-firing laser fiber optic to treat the three main causes of cellulite:  It breaks down the fatty bulges, then cuts the fibrous septae that cause dimpling, then finally stimulates the dermis to shrink and thicken in order to improve the look of you cellulite areas.

Good luck in your endeavors!

Robert Kratschmer, MD

Robert Kratschmer, MD

Avoid cosmetic treatments when breast feeding

+1

As cosmetic treatments are elective, it makes most sense to defer the treatments until you have finished breast feeding.  The companies that manufacture these devices wouldn't get approval to do a study, or they wouldn't want to take the liability in case there were a problem with your baby, even if it couldn't be proven that the device was the cause, it would be hard to prove and they might have to incur a financial loss from settling, so most companies won't have anything to do with recommending such procedures at the time a woman is pregnant or breast feeding.

Ronald Shelton, MD