Will Fat Cavitation Work for Women with PCOS?

For women who find it difficult to lose weight with PCOS. Will you see result with the ultrasound Fat cavitation/Laser liposuction?

Body contouring is for "contouring" not weight loss.

+2

Body contouring procedures are for contouring the shape of the body.  In my Salt Lake City, Utah plastic surgery practice I discourage patients from thinking in terms of weight loss because these are not weight loss procedures.

I am not aware of any external, non-invasive procedure for fat cavitation that produces long term results.  There are some technologies that require multiple sessions and produce some mild changes, but the changes are NOT permanent.

Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

For women who find it difficult to lose weight with PCOS. Will you see result with the ultrasound Fat cavitation/Laser liposucti

+2

Hi, Thank you for your question.  First off, liposuction is not a weight loss procedure.  It is designed to remove unwanted fat from a few trouble spots.  If you are overweight, you need to diet and have a good exercise program.

Now, if you only have or two area that are bothering you, ex. lateral thighs or hips, then liposuction will be appropriate for you.  Both ultrasound and laser work well.  I have used both.

Rigo Mendoza, MD

Losing weight with Liposuction

+1

Liposuction is not a weight loss procedure.  It is a body contouring procedure to help remove areas of unwanted fat which are resistant to diet and exercise.  You may lose between 5-10 pounds with liposuction.  Liposuction will work on specific areas of the body to shape saddlebags, remove love handles, decrease the size of arms, etc.  Ultrasound like VASER and Laser Liposuction devices like the GPS Lipo-Lipocontrol are both good devices for liposuction.  I prefer these to traditional liposuction. 

Stanley Castor, MD

+1

Yes you can see 10 pounds of weight loss by these operations. But diet and exercise are always better. Regards