Not Enough Fat to Have a Brazilian Butt Lift. What Should I Do?

I wt 138 Lb, but most of my fat is in my abdomen, flanks and back, I wanna to know if is possible for a cosmetic surgeon to perform lipo suction on those areas with fat transfer to the butt. I have asked my DR, and he had said that I dont have enough fat to do the transfer to the butt, than what should I do; should I gain more weight? or hire a different Dr.

Not enough Fat for BBL, Options?

+1

Fat transfer s limited by the amount of fat you have to transfer. Unfortunately, there is no way around that. The other solution is to consider  butt implants.

Not Enough Fat to Have a Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

To achieve your goal with a Brazilian Butt Lift, you will need an adequate amount of fat to match your expectations. If you do not have a sufficient amount, then butt augmentation can be achieved through butt implants.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Not enough fat for transfer?

+1

We have had several patients who don't have enough fat for transfer to enhance their buttocks or breasts.  This procedure is becoming increasingly popular, but the problem in very fit individuals is "where do we get enough fat" to harvest.  Other than gaining weight for several months, we need to research alternative options.  Some are using injectable fillers, at considerable expense, with results that may be only temporary.  Tissue flaps work well, if you are willing to accept the scars.  Then there are implants, they have a long history of great results for the breast, but may have unacceptable risk of complications in the buttocks.  Seeking more options with other respected and qualified surgeons is always wise strategy.

Randy Wong, MD
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Fat transfer to the buttocks can usually be performed

+1

It is very unusual to be in the situation that no fat can be found to transfer to the buttocks.  Some tissue may be obtained from the thighs, hip roll, back, upper arms, and that is usually more than enough to obtain a fuller buttock size.

Mario Diana, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon