How Much More Fat Do I Need for a Brazilian Butt Lift?

I'm 5'6", 105 pounds, 18% body fat. I'm naturally skinny and have a hard time putting on weight. The sites where I have stored fat during my pregnancy before giving birth 11 months ago are my abdomin and flanks. I'm not sure if I have enough though.

Find a plastic surgeon, discuss the option that fits you...

It’s not unusual for patients to be concerned about how much fat can be transferred when they undergo a brazilian butt lift.Without adequate pictures or a physical examination it’s virtually impossible to estimate how much fat can be transferred in any particular patient. Your pictures suggest that inadequate donor sites may represent a significant problem if your goal is a substantial buttock enlargement.
The lack of donor sites may also be compounded by the inability to contour the surrounding structures.Liposuction of adjacent areas significantly contributes to the aesthetic result in most patients undergoing this procedure.
Under these circumstances consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who has experience performing brazilian butt lift surgery is essential. This surgeon can help develop a realistic treatment plan that not only considers your aesthetic goals but your anatomic findings as well.

Enhancing the Buttock

how much of an enhancement to you want. you are very limited on the sites for harvesting the fat and unless you are willing to consider other sites which you may not have even thought of, then you're not going to see much improvement with this procedure. however, anecdotally, i have had some patients who were satisfied even with a modest amount of enhancement. that is very personal and your surgeon should be realistic in ensuring that you are aware of the limited amount of improvement you can expect. that way you will not be disappointed with your results due to over expectations.

Amount of fat necessary for Brazilian butt lift

The Brazilian butt lift is a safe and effective technique that can improve the contour of your bottom and create a beautiful result. It is a combination of procedures that consists of aggressive liposuction of the abdomen hips and waist and lower back, separation and processing of the fat that has been collected, and strategic grafting to the gluteal area.

In our practice here in Miami, this is one of our most popular procedures. We have performed this surgery in patients of all shapes and sizes. In patients who have a borderline low amount of fat we have recommended that they gain 10 to 20 pounds before the surgery so that we have enough tissue to harvest and create a result that they are looking for. Your best bet is to work with a board-certified plastic surgeon who is a great deal of experience in the liposuction, fat grafting, and Brazilian butt lift surgery. Such a surgeon will be able to use their experience to closely evaluate you and let you know if you are a candidate for this procedure.

Pat Pazmino, MD

Buttock augmentation

Tou don't have enough fat for a fat transfer (to work properly).  An implant is an option, but you may have problems in the futre, because you may not enough tissue coverage.

Shahin Javaheri, MD

Candidate for Brazilian Butt Lift

It appears from your photo that you would not have enough fat for an adequate fat transfer.  I may be a better candidate for buttocks implants. Visit with several board certified plastic surgeon for an exam so that you can get some recommendations

Dr. ES

How Much Fat Needed for Brazilian Butt Lift

Hi there-

It would be hard to answer this for you without examining you, and to a large extent it will depend on your goals.

Your best bet is to visit with your chosen surgeon and get their opinion about whether you are ready to go or if they think you should gain a bit of weight.

Good luck! My Brazilian Butt Lift patients generally love their new bodies and the procedure has a very high rate of satisfaction.

Brazilian Butt enhancement

Looking at the picture you posted , you seem to have very little fat and a large area of buttocks to be augmented.

You buttocks need augmneting in the mid to lower part of the buttock.

There is some fat in the flanks and posterior illiac crest that can be liposuctiond for fat. Also removing fat from the flank and posterior illiac crest will enhance the appearance of the buttocks.

I am not sure how much fat there is in your abdomen, that can be estimated during the exam.

Therefore you need as much fat as possibly can be suctioned from you. You may need 400-500 cc per buttock

Fat transfer

You should be congratulated for including pictures on this forum.  It's very helpful in trying to dispense good advice.  I like to transfer at least 1 liter in total for a gluteal augmentation.  Most of the data that has been put forth for this procedure indicates that about half of fat transferred maintains viability over the long run.  Following this procedure, you could expect that your gluteal region would be swollen for weeks.  But, your true results are what is observed at 6 months to 1 year.  My ideal candidate for this procedure has a "chunky" abdomen and minimal gluteal projection.  The more fat that is transferred, the better, because not all of it will survive.  Consult several boarded plastic surgeons, get their opinions, and try to gain a few pounds.  if you are committed to this procedure, most surgeons would agree to transfer as much as possible to achieve the desired result.

Jason Hess, MD

Brazilian Butt lift

This truly depends on how large of an augmentation you are seeking but it appears that you are a good candidate for this procedure.

How Much Fat For MY BBL?

Brazilian butt lift (fat transfer to the buttock) is so popular because it enables your plastic surgeon to transform your entire shape. Liposuction is performed over several areas depending on the individual patient needs, but typically of the flanks, abdomen, back and thighs. You currently have a very square shape (which is more common than most people realize).

The liposculpting will allow your surgeon to bring in your hips and waist giving you more of an hour glass figure. You already have some shape to your buttock and this will be able to be enhanced to give you a very attractive buttock. From the pictures you look like you have very good skin which will give you a great result from the liposcultping. It is hard to tell from the one picture whether or not you would have enough fat for the grafting procedure.

The amount of fat needed depends on the shape and needs of each individual patient, however in general at least 500cc per buttock need to be placed to see a significant difference. On average patients typically receive around 800cc per buttock side for a total of 1600cc of fat transfer. However just like a breast augmentation the amount of fat needed various from patient to patients. Also the sculpting done with the liposuction is a big part of the procedure to improve the overall shape.

However if a patient has a BMI of 22 they typically will have enough fat for the Brazilian butt lift. If they are smaller than this then they will need to consider doing an augmentation with implants.

The process of the Brazilian Butt lift is not only to add volume to the buttock but to transform the entire shape of the patient from a square appearance to more of an hour glass shape. It is about giving a patient a figure that she will look great in close or a bikini (for the patients here in Miami). The goal is not to just try and make the biggest butt possible. It is giving the patient a shape they will love for years to come!

When considering this procedure it is very important that you have your procedure performed by a board certified plastic surgeon that commonly performs this procedure.