How Much More Fat Do I Need for a Brazilian Butt Lift?

I'm 5'6", 105 pounds, 18% body fat. I'm naturally skinny and have a hard time putting on weight. The sites where I have stored fat during my pregnancy before giving birth 11 months ago are my abdomin and flanks. I'm not sure if I have enough though.

Enhancing the Buttock

+1

how much of an enhancement to you want. you are very limited on the sites for harvesting the fat and unless you are willing to consider other sites which you may not have even thought of, then you're not going to see much improvement with this procedure. however, anecdotally, i have had some patients who were satisfied even with a modest amount of enhancement. that is very personal and your surgeon should be realistic in ensuring that you are aware of the limited amount of improvement you can expect. that way you will not be disappointed with your results due to over expectations.

Buttock augmentation

+1

Tou don't have enough fat for a fat transfer (to work properly).  An implant is an option, but you may have problems in the futre, because you may not enough tissue coverage.

Shahin Javaheri, MD

Candidate for Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

It appears from your photo that you would not have enough fat for an adequate fat transfer.  I may be a better candidate for buttocks implants. Visit with several board certified plastic surgeon for an exam so that you can get some recommendations

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

How Much Fat Needed for Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

Hi there-

It would be hard to answer this for you without examining you, and to a large extent it will depend on your goals.

Your best bet is to visit with your chosen surgeon and get their opinion about whether you are ready to go or if they think you should gain a bit of weight.

Good luck! My Brazilian Butt Lift patients generally love their new bodies and the procedure has a very high rate of satisfaction.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Brazilian Butt enhancement

+1

Looking at the picture you posted , you seem to have very little fat and a large area of buttocks to be augmented.

You buttocks need augmneting in the mid to lower part of the buttock.

There is some fat in the flanks and posterior illiac crest that can be liposuctiond for fat. Also removing fat from the flank and posterior illiac crest will enhance the appearance of the buttocks.

I am not sure how much fat there is in your abdomen, that can be estimated during the exam.

Therefore you need as much fat as possibly can be suctioned from you. You may need 400-500 cc per buttock

Fat transfer

+1

You should be congratulated for including pictures on this forum.  It's very helpful in trying to dispense good advice.  I like to transfer at least 1 liter in total for a gluteal augmentation.  Most of the data that has been put forth for this procedure indicates that about half of fat transferred maintains viability over the long run.  Following this procedure, you could expect that your gluteal region would be swollen for weeks.  But, your true results are what is observed at 6 months to 1 year.  My ideal candidate for this procedure has a "chunky" abdomen and minimal gluteal projection.  The more fat that is transferred, the better, because not all of it will survive.  Consult several boarded plastic surgeons, get their opinions, and try to gain a few pounds.  if you are committed to this procedure, most surgeons would agree to transfer as much as possible to achieve the desired result.

Jason R. Hess, MD

Brazilian Butt lift

+1

This truly depends on how large of an augmentation you are seeking but it appears that you are a good candidate for this procedure.