Early Signs of Jowling. Best Course of Action? (photo)

Hi, I am in my mid twenties and one side of my jaw is less defined than the other. I seem to have more fat at the side of the mouth running downwards making it look like the side of my face is sagging. I feel it is the very early signs of jowls to come. I would ideally like my jawline tighter and as contoured as possible with the fat gone from the jowl area and more volume in my cheeks so that I have more of a V shape to my face. What would be the best course of action to achieve this?

Chin jowls area.

+3

Dear Kitten87,

From looking carefully at your pictures , you do not have early aging but rather Microgenia - short and retruded chin. You also have jowls notching and round face. The solution to you condition is very simple. You need a Mittleman medium chin jowl silicone implant. This procedure will do the following for you : 1. Lengthen your face and project your chin forward, so that it will make you face more attractive due to improvement in the facial balance and harmony. 2. Fill up the jowls notcing. 3. Define and tighten up you neck. Be sure to select a bord certified plastic surgeon who is experienced in facial cosmetic surgery.

Dr Widder

Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Best Course of Action for Jowls

+2

Early jowling in mid-20’s is best treated by the use of a Filler. I would recommend non-operative intervention at this age such as a Filler to camouflage.

Rod J. Rohrich, MD

Early jowl formation

+2

Review of your photos suggests early signs of aging. There are a whole range of options that are available to you for reversing the issues that you are noticing. These range from relatively non-invasive modalities like Ultherapy or Thermage, which are used to tighten the facial tissues, to more invasive techniques such as fat redistribution of the face (liposuction/ fat grafting). I believe that you are too young for a facelifting operation. My suggestion would be to start with the least most invasive modality first before considering more aggressive treatment options. I would also suggest that you consult with a board-certified Plastic Surgeon to get a more detailed explanation of your options

Wilfred Brown, MD
Fairfield Plastic Surgeon