How Fast Does Invisalign Work? When Does a Significant Difference Start to Show?

I'm a junior in high school and I never needed teeth treatment until now. I talk to my ortho already and he said Invisalign could be an option but I want to know how fast I will see a difference with Invisalign. Is it the same as braces? Faster? or slower?

Invisalign usually moves teeth at 0.4 mm per month

+2

Changes aren't usually noticed for several weeks, with both brackets and Invisalign.  Generally speaking, it takes longer with Invisalign, but each case is unique.  

Seattle Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign vs Braces, faster or slower?

+1

The length of Invisalign treatment will also partly depend on how your doctor has prescribed and finalized your invisalign treatment plan. It also depends on the type of tooth movements needed and complexity of the overall case. Some movements are visible almost immediately, while other takes longer time before becomes noticable.

Hema Patel, DDS
Fremont Cosmetic Dentist

Is Invisalign faster than braces?

+1

Straightening teeth with Invisalign takes about the same amount of time as doing so with regular braces. Teeth move at different rates in different people so it is only possible to estimate the length of time it will take for a particular patient. So whether you choose Invisalign or regular braces it is important to understand that your orthodonitst will only be able to give you an approximate treatment duration. But, it is also important to be aware that the more closely you follow your orthodontists instructions, the more likely your treatment will be completed within the estimated time-frame.

R. William McNeill, DDS, MS
Mercer Island Orthodontist

How fast invisalign work

+1

The changes on the teeth depends on the patient. Most of the patient will notice the changes later in the course of treatment, after a few months,others will see results after a few weeks.

Antoaneta Barba, DDS
Santa Ana Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign

+1

"How quickly Invisalign works" depends on the difficulty of the initial problem(s) and the whether the orthodontist recommended changing the aligners every 2 or 3 weeks. After the initial set of aligners the patient and doctor will determine if additional aligners are needed or not? If further aligners are needed then new impressions would be taken to fabricate additional aligners. This is called a "refinement" by Align. 

Dr Gary J. Kloberdanz, Orthodontist

Greeley, CO

Gary Kloberdanz, DDS, MS
Greeley Orthodontist

Speed of Invisalign movement depends on the crowding and age.

+1

You can feel the Invisalign movement from the beginning you wear the Clear Braces. Mostly before noticing any Invisalign movement  you are getting the expansion at the back molars .  By wearing the clear aligners ,you feel some pressure and it means the teeth are  moving. the minor movements are noticeable from the first month. 

Bruce Vafa, DDS
Beverly Hills Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign , cosmetic braces, braces

+1

Invisalign is limited to small movement ot the teeth . You can get faster results with braces . Althought if it is minor movement what your teeth need then it is a lot easier to wear aligners instead of regular braces

Laura Torrado, DDS
New York Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign speed varies ... just like braces

+1

With Invisalign the speed of treatment will depend on what "stage" you're at.  Sometimes the front teeth do not align immediately because before that happens space must be created.  With braces, all of these movements can happen simultaneously.  In the end most simple cases will take about the same overall time with Invisalign or braces. 

Brian Povolny, DDS, PhD
Seattle Orthodontist