Fascia Radix Graft 2.5 Months Ago, is It Possible to Remove It? How Does It Look? Is It Still Swollen? (photo)

Had rhino w a fascia graft 2.5 months ago.My dr said I needed it to fix a low radix.It's huge/wide still to this day.&my tip feels so diff although he said he only pointed it.He filed the bone down&performed osteotomy.Is the graft too high?Is there a way to undo the radix graft? can it be done easily?will it fix with the wideness between my eyes?Is my nose still swollen?Is it too long for my face?I feel as if my ethnicity has been masked by this new long nose&I want to regain my ethnicity.

Radix graft

+1
I'm sorry you are unhappy with the result. Although the pictures are not ideal, the general shape and proportions of your nose appear to be appropriate. At 2.5 months post op, you can still have a lot of swelling and your tissues may feel firm. This should soften with time. Although the majority of swelling resolves by 6 months, it may take over a year for the final shape of your nose to manifest itself and things may continue to change slightly beyond that. The best person to answer your questions would be your surgeon. Good luck.

Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon

2 1/2 months is too early to tell the results of rhinoplasty

+1

The nose continues to heal and swelling to settle for a year or more. 2 1/2 months is too early to consider any revision. Fascial grafts also tend to swell a lot for a number of months. So please be patient, you might find that eventually your nose will turn out just like expected.

Steven J. Pearlman, MD

Nose still swollen at 2.5 months

+1

Your nose looks swollen from top to bottom which is usually the case 2.5 months after a rhinoplasty. The final result from nose surgery is judged 6-12 months after the operation. I would make your concerns known to your surgeon but you may end up being happy with the result in the end. It is premature to be thinking about revision at this time. Good luck.

Richard A. Bartlett, MD
Brookline Plastic Surgeon