Can Fascia Used on Its Own to Cushion Thin Skin in a Third Rhinoplasty Can It Also Heal Damaged Tissues?

FASCIA: I am concerned that by overstressing the already damaged tissues by another rhinoplasty can make the current situation of my skin worse if fascia proves insufficient to really provide enough cushioning and heal my tissues. Does it resolve in a certain percent Does it usually provide the support needed to withstand the forces of scar tissue contracture? Please let me know of the possible risks 

Use of fascia for revision rhinoplasty

+2

Fascia is a very good material to use during revision rhinoplasty, especially when it comes to camouflaging underlying cartilage irregularities. Whether it would allow you to get the result you desire is best determined after examining your nose.

Web reference: http://www.drlamperti.com/facial-plastic-surgery/revision-rhinoplasty

Fascia to Cushion Thin Skin

+2

The placement of fascia grafts is an excellent method of supporting thin skin and enhancing circulation. It will also camouflage irregularities in the underlying bone and cartilage. Other than possible irregular contours secondary to bunching of the fascia, there are minimal risks with the use of this tissue. Are you sure you want to have another rhinoplasty with the apparent problems you have?

Fascia in rhinoplasty

+1

The use of fascia to support thin or damaged skin is an excellent and reliable technique. It helps prevent skin breakdown and camouflage cartilage irregularity. The real question is are you certain you want another surgery  if your skin is so high risk?

Fort Lauderdale Facial Plastic Surgeon