Can Fascia Be Added Post-op to Hide Asymmetrical Cartilage/grafting in Tip Area? Contraindications? Can It Be Done Under Local?

I'm 6 mos. post-op from an open revision. Dr. said surgery went well but as swelling subsides I am seeing asymmetries AGAIN as my skin is thin. Dr. placed an underlay graft under right tip cartilage plus a sliver of cartilage to balance soft tissue triangle on right. No grafting to the left side.Tip swelling comes and goes t/o the day more on that right side even affecting profile at supra tip.Dr. says give it a year. I'm starting worry.(Previous open sx only minor rasping of upper dorsum.)

Asymmetrical Nasal tIP

+2

Fascia can be used to cover and hide tip irregularities. However, follow your surgeon's advice and wait another 6 months before considering a revision.

+1

I agree that you should wait a year before considering any further Rhinoplasty procedures.  Fascia is not a cure all as it can dissolve and curl up after placement.

Fascia for Camouflage

+1

Fascia can be used for camouflage, but you may need something else after the swelling goes down.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Open rhinoplasty revision

+1

Your doctor is right. Give it a year to heal and for the swelling to settle down before asking for a revision.