Can a Fairly Severe Nasal Valve Collapse Cause Extreme Dryness and Congestion?

Hello, I'm trying to find out if a pretty severe nasal valve collapse can cause extreme dryness and congestion on the collapsed side. You can visibly see and feel where cartlidge is blocking the nasal passageway. Doesn't seem to be turbinate issue as turbinate is not enlarged. Thank you so much for you time in answering this question. P.S. Is it very possible that fixing the collapse would negatively effect my singing in any way. To me I can only see it helping.

Congestion due to severe nasal valve collapse

+1

Severe valve collapse can certainly restrict airflow and cause congestion on the collapsed side.  The congestion can be addressed by surgery with a spreader graft to open up the nasal valve.  The dryness is related to relative humidity in the air.  The relative humidity in a normal household decreases in the wintertime when the furnace is turned on.  Dryness can be best addressed with saline nasal irrigations. It is important to address any septal deviation and turbinate hypertrophy at the same time if needed.