I have scoliosis and grade1 ptosis. I' don't want a lollipop scar. Is that avoidable?

I have scoliosis. The right side protrudes noticeably. The right breast is larger too, but the asymmetry (just size, not position/shape) looks worse than it really is due to the chest. This always bugged me, but it's getting worse with age. I have less upper pole tissue & grade 1 ptosis. They're lower & have a lot less fullness, but the nipples are above the crease & face forward. Implants are a given (saline or silicone?), but I' don't want a lolly pop scar. Is that avoidable? If so, how?

+1
Hello and thanks for your question.
The choice of breast lift depends on a number of factors, one of the most important factors being the degree of sagging and the distance it has descended.
The choice of implant depends on a number of factors. The most important factor is the breast width.
You would benefit from a breast lift procedure and an exam would be needed to determine the best choice. You may be a candidate for another type. 
If you decide on an implant surgery as well, then perhaps you would need different implant selection and different pocket creation in order to achieve best results.
There are several factors that are very important in determing the shape:
-Pre-operative shape
-Pre-operative dimension and diameter of the breast
-The amount and quality of breast tissue and skin
-Implant size, shape and profile
-Careful dissection of the pocket
In our office, we use actual implant in the pre-operative period to determine the size.
Best Wishes,
Dr Sajjadian

Breast asymmetry and surgery

+1
Patients who have scoliosis or other breast asymmetry would really benefit from seeing a board-certified plastic surgeon prior to entertaining any surgical procedure. You should go to a breast surgeon that has a lot of experience in breast augmentation, breast lifts and or reductions, etc.
The techniques used for one breast may differ vastly for the techniques used on the other breast.  This could include using different sized or shape implants.  In addition, as you alluded to, there are different types of breast lips. The incision could just be around the Areola, it could be the lollipop incision, or even an anchor incision.    With a grade one ptosis it is very unlikely that you would need a lollipop or an anchor incision. However this would best be determined with a consultation.

Young R. Cho, MD, PhD

Breast augmentation and scoliosis

+1
Thank you for your question.  You've done a very nice job describing some of your chest wall anatomy.  I have treated many women with varying degrees/severities of scoliosis and chest wall asymmetries.  First, a formal consultation and physical exam is really required to make any meaningful recommendations.   During my consultation and physical exam, I take measurements of a patient's chest wall (a process called dimensional planning).  In addition, I assess the rib cage, sternum (chest bone) and shoulder positioning, as well as the position of the infra-mammary creases to identify any asymmetries.   Based on your description alone, you may not need a lift.  However, you will likely need two different implants to achieve the best possible symmetry. If indeed, one side of your chest wall projects more than the other, then in these cases, it is not uncommon for me to put a lower projection implant on your more projected side and a higher projection implant on your "smaller" side.  Implants can help camouflage some chest wall asymmetries and the effects of thoracic scoliosis.  To learn more about your options, please visit with a board certified plastic surgeon with extensive experience with the management of breast asymmetries.  And remember, there are limitations on what can be achieved in terms of symmetry.  We have saying in breast augmentation especially with silicone gel implants - we can't get identical twins but really really close sisters is what we are trying to achieve.  Best wishes,
Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

+1
It sounds like you have some unique anatomical variables. You really need to post photos for us to be able to comment on your proposed surgery.  

Lars Enevoldsen, MD
Modesto Plastic Surgeon

+1
Hi. With these variables regarding your anatomy, it's impossible to accurately assess your situtation and  give you advice without viewing photos. Post your photos and I'll be happy to update my answer. Good luck

Jose Perez-Gurri, MD

Is lollipop breast lift scar avoidable

+1
Thank you for your question and description.  However photographs are necessary to properly answer your question.  Your best option is to consult a board certified plastic surgeon for an in person examination and consultation.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS