I would rather not lift for pseudoptosis, but will if required. What procedure would you recommend?

I've consulted a plastic surgeon who told me I need a lift in addition to implants. The scarring frightens me a lot. Questioning the necessity for that reason and because he said I have pseudoptosis/lack tissue in the upper pole & he would "almost" consider an over the muscle implant. I'm 43 yo, 5'3", 135lbs, but have relatively wide shoulders & hips. Was a 34C. Now a 34B. No fullness, just droop that looks odd on my build. I want my previously rather nice unscarred boobs back. Help!

Lift for pseudoptosis?

+2
Without an in person consultation, it is difficult to give you a recommendation as to whether you would require a lift in addition to your breast augmentation.  One approach that you may wish to discuss with your surgeon is staging the procedures.  In other words, have the breast augmentation and see how your breasts settle.  If you need a lift because your breast tissue is sagging over your implant and doesn't look right, then get a lift.  If everything looks ok, then no worries.  The disadvantage of this approach is the extra cost of a second surgery and the additional recovery time, etc.  However, for patients who are borderline or are very concerned about doing both procedures at the same time, this option is a reasonable one.  Good luck!

Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift™ for pseudoptosis

+1
Unfortunately, you have not provided any photographs. Many women are afraid of lifts because of the ugly vertical scars associated with the lollipop or anchor incisions.For that reason, a new technique was developed called Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift™.Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage.Through the same incision, implants can be placed.Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection with a minimal size implant.Small round textured silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision.Implant profile is irrelevant in the retro-pectoral position since the muscle compresses it.This technique avoids the ugly vertical scars of the traditional technique, maintains nipple sensation and the ability to breast feed.At size 34 B each 100 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change.Only 100 cc implants would be required to take you to a C.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

+1
Hello and thanks for your question.
The choice of breast lift depends on a number of factors, one of the most important factors being the degree of sagging and the distance it has descended.
The choice of implant depends on a number of factors. The most important factor is the breast width.
You would benefit from a breast lift procedure. There is a chance that you may need a revision surgery if there is a significant flucatuation in the breast size.
If you decide on an implant surgery as well, then perhaps you would need different implant selection and different pocket creation in order to achieve best results.
There are several factors that are very important in determing the shape:
-Pre-operative shape
-Pre-operative dimension and diameter of the breast
-The amount and quality of breast tissue and skin
-Implant size, shape and profile
-Careful dissection of the pocket
In our office, we use actual implant in the pre-operative period to determine the size.
Best Wishes,
Dr Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Breast

+1

To best help you, a physical examination or picture evaluation to determine which procedure would be best for your case.

Dr. Campos

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Is a lift needed

+1
An in-person consultation with a formal physical exam is required to make any recommendations.  The key to any breast treatment plan is the correct diagnosis.  Do you truly have pseudootosis?  photographs here would be helpful, but please visit with a board certified plastic surgeon with extensive cosmetic breast surgery experience for a consultation.

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Is a breast lift needed for suit up pseudoptosis

+1
 Thank you for your question.  Photographs would help. Of course an in person examination is necessary to properly answer your question and since you have consulted a board certified plastic surgeon if you're uncertain about the advice you have received you should consult another board certified plastic surgeon.

That said with only glandular ptosis and a nipple areola position that is normal often a dual plane breast augmentation alone can provide a nice result.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS