Dr. Says Hernia Cannot be Touched as it is in Early Stages: Is This Correct?

Pear shaped - 5.1 - 140 pounds Female person. My family doctor says, hernia is in very early stage and Surgery is not a good option. My Laser Lipo doctor performed Lipo on my stomuck area and left belly - right side, where it seems odd. When I requested, My Laser Lipo doctor says he cannot touch hernia area for Lipo. Is he True? What could be the solution? Leave it?

What is an "early stage hernia"?

+2

I'm not sure of this terminology and agree that your Lipo doc is likely not a surgeon, let alone a plastic surgeon.  Performing liposuction with a known hernia is extremely dangerous.   My advice:  Find a board certified plastic surgeon and get another opinion.

Hernia and Liposuction

+2

Respectfully, it sounds as if you are getting surgical care and advice from non-surgeons.

If you have an abdominal hernia, you should not have anyone pushing a steel tube hooked to suction through your tummy fat. The likelihood of perforating the hernia sac and whatever is inside it is too high. Instead, the hernia should be repaired.

IF your laser "surgeon" knowingly performed liposuction on the left side while avoiding the KNOWN hernia on the right side and this resulted in a poor cosmetic outcome, your have the right to be upset. I do not know any members of The American Society of Plastic Surgeons wwwplasticsurgeryorg who would behave in this way.

Peter A Aldea, MD