Can restylane be dissolved safely?

I had hollowness under the eyes and had a half syringe of restylane injection 17 days ago. I had no swelling or bruising the second day. But the on the third day I notice some bumps. Restylane left me with bags under the eyes that I never had before (they don't show in pjotos). I saw the doctor and he massaged the area and told me to wait another 2 weeks and if it doesn't improve and I'm still unhappy then he can dissolve it. Can restylane be removed without making the area look worse? Thanks

Dissolving Restylane

+3
Dissolving Restylane is as much as art as injecting it. So yes, it can be safely dissolved. But just like with injecting the initial filler, you need an experienced injector to remove it properly.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

Restylane can be dissolved with Hyaluronidase

+2
If you have waited two weeks and you still have lumps then I suggest you return to your treating physician.  Hyaluronidase can easily be injected into the area and it should dissolve the Restylane that was injected.

Michele S. Green, MD

Dissolving Restylane Safely

+2
Yes, any hyaluronic acid dermal filler (Restylane, Juvederm, Belotero) can be dissolved safely with the enzyme, Hyaluronidase.  Hyaluronidase can be injected into the area in which you received your Restylane at any time following treatment.  The enzyme will work rapidly to dissolve the product without adverse effects.  The area will look as it did prior to receiving the filler correction.

Richard Parfitt, MD
Madison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Restylane for Under the Eye Hollowness

+2
Restylane is a hyaluronic acid (HA) similar to many other fillers like Juvederm and Belotero.  The HAs can be dissolved with an enzyme called hyaluronidase.  It is infected into the area that you have had the Restylane injected and it works right away.  

Remember that any injection will result in swelling and bruising that can last 6 to 12 weeks, especially under your eye.  If you liked your result after your injection that is likely the result you will get if you are just patient. 

I hope that helps.  Best regards.

Brian Windle, MD
Kirkland Plastic Surgeon

Can Restylane be dissolved safely?

+1
If you are unsatisfied with the end result, filler can be dissolved with the enzyme Hyaluronidase. I would recommend seeking the advice of a board certified physician such as a facial plastic surgeon, plastic surgeon, or dermatologist who has experience dissolving filler with Hyaluronidase. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.  

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Dissolving restylane

+1
The beauty of the hyaluronic acid fillers such as restylane, perlane or juvederm is that if you are unhappy with the filler (which should be very rare if performed by experienced and highly trained hands e.g. dermatologist or plastic surgeon), you can safely dissolve it with hyaluronic acid. This substance, again in the right hands, is safe to use and can dissolve any lumps or excess filler very nicely and naturally. ~ Dr. Benjamin Barankin, Toronto Dermatology Centre

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Restylane for hollows under the eyes

+1
Restylane can safely be dissolved with hyaluronidase by an experienced injector.  You may need some re-injections of Restylane afterwards to ensure the areas are even.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist