Is it a failure of muscle plication repair or just an umbilical hernia? 28 y post circumf TT july 2012. (Photo)

I just got dx with a umbilical hernia w/o visible lump by 2 surg. I have felt pressure in navel area since November 2013. Also, I feel a small gap in my top 2 abs where I felt a hardened tissue before. I train powerlifting (squats, deadlifts). After my TT in july 2012 (after 135 lb wt loss) I started lifting slowly after the Dr gave me the go in November 2012. I trained with heavy weights starting Jan 2013, stopped when sx started. I am worried that plication failed in addition to hernia. Thx

Is it a failure of muscle plication repair or just an umbilical hernia? 28 y post circumf TT july 2012.

+1
The hernia nor failure of muscle plication is evident from the photos. This is a clinical diagnosis and best addressed by a physical exam. You've already seen two surgeons but have you gone back to your operating surgeon and asked him/her?

See hwat the recommendations are but understand that as a power lifter, muscle plication or no, you will be at higher risks as for developing not just umbilical hernias but inguinal just as well. Good luck