I Had a Facial Massage Right After Botox, Will This Damage Eyes, Eyelids Permenantly?

Botox and a facial

+1

It will take about 12 days to see the effect of your Botox treatment and know if the Botox was spread by the facial.  Any results you do not like will resolve within a few months and will not be permanent.  You should have a facial or massage a day after your Botox treatment.

Toronto Dermatologist

Facial massage after Botox is one if the few things you shouldn't do

+1

A facial massage can move the Botox if its done within 3-4 hours of the injection. There is nothing that can be done at this point.  If it did move, all side effects will not be permanent and go away in 3-4 months. Other things you shouldn't do after Botox:  no hot tubs, no saunas, no working out, no placing your face in a horseshoe for massage for 3-4 hours. I also avoid procedures which cause swelling like Fraxel Dual on same day because I've seen diffusion into areas where I didn't inject. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Facial massage after Botox

+1

It's advisable to avoid facial and face massages immediately after a Botox treatment because of the concern for spread.  However, even it does spread, it will not cause any permanent damage.  In the worst case scenario, you may develop some eyelid ptosis for a few weeks (which can be improved with the use of apraclonidine drops).  In the best case scenario, the massage will have no effect on your Botox treatment outcome.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD