What Options Do I Have, Besides Laser, To Fade Eyebrow Tattoos?

I have my eyebrows tattooed on and the guy who did them didn't do a good job at all. They are faded as it is but what could i do besides laser removal to get rid of it even more or to fade it out

Laser Treatment for Eyebrow Tattoo Removal

+1

Though you may see some results with a bleaching cream or a microdermabrasian treatment, the only REAL results that will last will be from a laser. This is because only a laser can reach the areas of the skin that the tattoo artist placed the ink in. 

Fade Eyebrow Tatttoos

+1

The tattoo will fade naturally with time. Dermabrasion (sanding) can also help fade the color. 

Elliot M. Heller, MD

Treatment of Eyebrow Tattoos?

+1

Unfortunately there is no reliable method to remove eyebrow tattoos ( that I know of)  besides laser treatment.  I generally recommend a small trial area to be treated with laser to make sure the laser and ink do not react ( oxidize) and result in a darker color.

Options for Tattoo Removal

+1

Tattoos of course are permanent. Unfortunately, there is no quick and inexpensive way to get a "do-over."

Laser is the most common method of removal and that is because it is the only way that doesn't normally leave a scar.

If a tattoo is small enough, it can be cut out. That may be an option for you, but there will be a line scar and loss of eyebrow hair.

Rubbing with salt (salabrasion) would be likely to leave a scar, damage the eyebrow hairs, and remove only a small portion of the tattoo. The same goes for any "miracle" internet purchased tattoo removal lotion.

I suggest you reconsider laser removal.

T. Wayne Day, MD
Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon