What Options Do I Have, Besides Laser, To Fade Eyebrow Tattoos?

I have my eyebrows tattooed on and the guy who did them didn't do a good job at all. They are faded as it is but what could i do besides laser removal to get rid of it even more or to fade it out

Laser Treatment for Eyebrow Tattoo Removal

Though you may see some results with a bleaching cream or a microdermabrasian treatment, the only REAL results that will last will be from a laser. This is because only a laser can reach the areas of the skin that the tattoo artist placed the ink in. 

Fade Eyebrow Tatttoos

The tattoo will fade naturally with time. Dermabrasion (sanding) can also help fade the color. 

Elliot M. Heller, MD

Treatment of Eyebrow Tattoos?

Unfortunately there is no reliable method to remove eyebrow tattoos ( that I know of)  besides laser treatment.  I generally recommend a small trial area to be treated with laser to make sure the laser and ink do not react ( oxidize) and result in a darker color.

Options for Tattoo Removal

Tattoos of course are permanent. Unfortunately, there is no quick and inexpensive way to get a "do-over."

Laser is the most common method of removal and that is because it is the only way that doesn't normally leave a scar.

If a tattoo is small enough, it can be cut out. That may be an option for you, but there will be a line scar and loss of eyebrow hair.

Rubbing with salt (salabrasion) would be likely to leave a scar, damage the eyebrow hairs, and remove only a small portion of the tattoo. The same goes for any "miracle" internet purchased tattoo removal lotion.

I suggest you reconsider laser removal.

T. Wayne Day, MD
Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon