How to Fade a Red Mark After Mole Removal?

I removed a mole by myself by using an apple cider vinegar method. To cut the long story short, this method made the mole go away by just burning the top layer of my skin off. After this I was left with a hypertropic scar, but I used silicone sheets that really helped it improve. But I still have a red mark where the mole used to be. Are there any products or procedures to be done to fade this red mark to make it match my normal skin tone?

Time will Help

+1

The redness after injury to the skin will likely fully fade on its own with time.  The face will heal the soonest, perhaps in a few months.  The further away from the face, the longer it takes to heal.  Wounds on the chest, shoulders and upper back can form keloids and will take longer to resolve.

Burbank Dermatologist

Pulsed dye laser can help with mark left from mole removal

+1

Unless you are a physician or perhpas, a PA who works for a physician this was a stupid thing to do. I have had 30 years experience in determining whether a mole is benign or malignant nad I send ALL specimens off to pathology ( unless a patient signs a paper saying they take full legal responsibility.)

To answer your question, I would recommend the pulsed dye laser.

Arnold R. Oppenheim, MD
Virginia Beach Dermatologist