What Factors into the Price of Radiesse Injections?

I know that some patients require more visits than others, but how does the doctor determine this?

Radiesse pricing

+1
I charge by the syringe. I do not use thte mini syringes because they are not cost effective for the patient. If product is leftover, it is stored in the medical refrigerator and injected at a later date in the patient. If patients use more than one syringe, I discount the second third syringes. A big factor in pricing is who is doing the injecting. I perform all injections in my practice and the patient pays for my level of skill and expertise. I rarely inject three syringes to achieve the desired result so that can be a major saving for the patient. My fee is $875 for the first syringe and $800 for additional syringes with a slightly larger discount for return patients.

Factors for pricing of Radiesse injections

+1

In our office, we charge the patient for a syringe, in the event that the whole syringe is not used, we  will store it for the patient under sterile technique so it can be used at a later date, but not indefinitely. One can choose to purchase a smaller volume syringe, but in that case, there will might be an additional charge for a second syringe. We do no charge the patient for a use of the Radiesse filler if there is still a remainder left for the patient.

Julio Garcia, MD

Pricing of Radiesse

+1

While I know many physicians charge by the syringe, I prefer to charge by the area in which case both myself and the patient can really focus on achieving the desired outcome and not necessarily on how many syringes are being used. That being said, the amount of volume used does factor into the price somewhat as certain areas simply require more volume for optimal results.  So, in summary, pricing regarding Radiesse in my hands depends on the patients' needs and desires, the areas being injected and the general amount used. 

Channing R. Barnett, MD

+1

Like all plastic and cosmetic treatments and surgical procedures, Radiesse injections themselves have no special magic.  Results, IMHO are determined by the skill, experience and aeshetic judgement of the provider.  You're paying for that and IMO, you do get what you pay for.

Radiesse is a long lasting filler

+1

Radiesse is a calcium based filler that can last up to 12 months. The cost is higher that some of the other shorter acting fillers like Restylane and Juvaderm but because Radiesse lasts longer, it is more "cost-effective". The price will vary between doctors and geographic location. In New York City, the cost is around $800-1000 per syringe. Some patients need only one syringe while others need multiple syringes. When multiple syringes are needed, there may be a discount that is applied. Make sure to see a doctor that is experienced with this material because it's lasts longer -which means that poor results last longer also!  . 

Matthew Schulman, MD

Price of radiesse injections

+1

There are a few things that go into the price of any injection. The first is the price of the product. Radiesse comes in three sizes: 0.3 ml/ 0.8 mL and 1.5 mL. Some injectors advertise cheap prices and use little syringes (the same holds true for Juvederm and Restylane). Most patients dont know to ask and instead trust the integrity of the person injecting and while this is usually OK, in some instances, there are those who market based on price rather than skill or reputation.

The next factor that goes into the price is the person injecting it. I charge more than others in my area because I spend a lot of time learning about how to do advanced products and dont just "spackle". Given a set of paints and a brush, different people will accomplish different things. The same holds for fillers.

Kenneth Beer, MD
Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Price of Radiesse Injections

+1

Charges for Radiesse injections are primarily based on the volume of material that is used. For example, it is less expensive when the patient is filling smaller depressions such as the nasolabial grooves as opposed to changing contours like improving cheek projection and definition. There will be some variation depending on where you live and the experience of your physician.

The price of Radiesse injections

+1

The amount of Radiesse that needs to be used is based on the patient's goals for treatment as well as the degree of volume loss to be corrected. This will vary dramatically between patients as well as between physician injector techniques. The price of Radiesse injections will also vary based on the city, state, and area of the country.  It seems that the cost for Radiesse treatments in some of the bigger cities is much higher simply because that is the going rate. Although many physicians claim that they charge higher rates because they are more experienced, that is often not the case. So be careful that cost is not the determining factor for your choice. Radiesse is a deeper "volumizing" filler which, when used properly, can cause dramatic improvement and create a much more natural, youthful look to your face.  The success of your treatment is highly dependent upon the skill and experience of your injector. I recommend looking for a member of the Radiesse Medical Education Faculty to do your injections. That means they train physicians who are interested in learning how to use Radiesse and you can be sure they are an experienced injector.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Prices of radiesse

+1

The price of any procedure is nearly the same in a community.

It is like any business

How uch you pay for the product

The time spent in consult

what is your overhead

The complexity of the procedure

The length of time spent doing the procedure.

The follow up needed

The Malpractice insurance we pay

Usually based on the number of syringes - ie volume

+1

Usually most practitioners charge for radiesse by the syringe.  I usually carry a 1.5 cc syringe.  I usually can take care of most folks with 1 syringe but occasionally someone will require two and I do prefer to stage these at leaset 2-3 weeks apart.

Hope this helps!  cheers.

Vineet Mehan, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon