What Factors Increase the Risk of Unsuccessful Outcome in Revision Rhinoplasty?

I am 5 months post primary. I wanted a subtle change. Essentially slightly reducing the height of the nasal bone between my eyes and slight deprojection, keeping the characteristics of my natural nose. I now have been left with an overdone nose. Very thin, scooped, upturned and short. From the research I have done addressing even some of the aforementioned problems will be complex. If many cartlidge grafs are used is that an indicator of poor success rate?

Revision Rhinoplasty

Hello, a revision rhinoplasty is always more complicated than a primary. When consulting with a surgeon it is always best to bring photos of your desired outcome and your surgeon should be straight forward in advising you if your expectations are realistic. Also look at many before and after photos this will be indicative of what you can expect. It is always best to choose a surgeon who is conservative, it is much easier to go back in and revise a little more than it is to augment. Schedule a consultation with a Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon who specializes in revision rhinoplasty.

9735 Wilshire Boulevard
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Unsuccesful Rhinoplasty

There are several factors that influence the success of a rhinoplasty. Surgeon skill and experience is probably the most important. The patients healing ability is another. The amount of cartilage grafts has no impact on success rate.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

44 East 65th Street
New York, NY 10021

Factors that Increase Risk of Unsuccessful Revision Rhinoplasty

The number of grafts that are used in rhinoplasty revision will make it more difficult to achieve the ideal result. The most important factor is choosing an experienced revision rhinoplasty specialist.

416 N Bedford Dr
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Cartilage grafts and revision rhinoplasty

Sorry to learn that you are not happy with your rhinoplasty surgery. Revision surgery in general is a more complex procedure and demands experience. But the results are very good when done correctly. The procedure may require cartilage graft, different cartilage suturing techniques to achieve the desired results. The aim is to achieve a natural harmonious look.

Moneer Jaibaji, MD

1001 B Avenue
Coronado, CA 92118

Revision rhinoplasty

It is always difficult to try to reverse the changes from a previous rhinoplasty. Certainly grafting would need to be done to restore a dorsum.

1049 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10028