Can Facial Veins Telangiectasia Be Removed 100%?

Hi i used dermovate ointment ( steroid ) once on my face and have developed some facial veins telangiectasia under my eye and the skin below , its not very serious mainly when i pull the skin i can see them , but the skin is red . Can Vbeam or any other laser removed them completely , im not asking for mild improvement im looking for complete resolution . Underneath 1 of my eyes its quite noticeable and looks alittle black and red . im of indian origin

There is no permanent treatment for facial telangiectasias

A picture would have been helpful.

Some patients are prone to get facial telangiectasias for genetic reasons, inflammatory conditions, sun exposure and so on and therefore, they have continued risk to get recurrences once they are treated. This does not mean that you should not get the existing ones treated. 

The long pulse duration 595 nm pulse dye laser or Nd YAG laser are very helpful for these telangiectasias as well as IPL therapy. 

Buffalo General Surgeon

5225 Sheridan Drive
Williamsville, NY 14221

Facial Veins Telangiectasia

Thank you for your question. The V-Beam is a good choice provided your skin type will be safe. Otherwise, an Nd Yag will be the next best choice.    Permanent removal is unfortunately, very unlikely.  Some maintenance is needed in most cases and you may develop more.  Be careful not to overuse steroid creams in the future as it can cause permanent thinning of the skin with long term unsupervised treatment. Be certain to be under the supervision of a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon with expertise in laser procedures for the most effective and safe treatments. I hope this helps.

Sonia Badreshia-Bansal, MD
Bay Area Dermatologist

360 Rose Ave
Danville, CA 94526

Lasers or IPL Can Remove Facial Veins

Yes, V-Beam (i.e pulsed dye laser) or intense pulsed light (IPL) can often completely or nearly completely remove facial telangiectasias.  

However, most cosmetic physicians will not promise this.

Robert Strimling, MD

10105 Banburry Cross Drive
Las Vegas, NV 89144