What Facial Treatments That Can Damage/easily Wear off Botox Effects?

I own a portable bipolar radio frequency machine. I use it a lot on my face. will frequent treatments damage or easily wear off botox effects? what are other facial treatments that are damaging to botox? - Hearty

Most treatments are not damaging to BOTOX

+1

Sometimes it is felt that doing facial exercises may help to make BOTOX wear off faster. Most treatments are not damaging to BOTOX. BOTOX binds a receptor and then leaves your body. The receptor is blocked and the muscle is relaxed during the time that it works. Doing other treatments with radio frequency should not affect the viability. This is different than with hyaluronic acid fillers. If you heat these products up or manipulate them a lot, they will go away a lot faster.

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Botox Effectiveness

+1

There are no facial treatments, such as facials, Microdermabrasion, lasers, that are known to effect the duration or effectiveness of Botox or Dysport injections.  One precaution is  that they if they  are performed the same day you have your Botox/Dysport injection after the other procedures.  This is  to prevent potential local migration of the neurotoxin material.

Lisa Kates, MD
Annapolis Dermatologist

No known way to reduce Botox injections' effectiveness

+1

At this time we are not aware of any treatment, whether external or internal, that would reduce the effectiveness or duration of Botox injections. The Botox inhibits the neural transmitter's effect on the muscular receptor. Once this message pathway is blocked, one has to wait the three to four months for the Botox to fade.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Botox not affected by other treatments

+1

Great question! Once botox has been taken up in the neuromuscular junction where it exerts its very specific and local effect, there are no treatments known to interfere with its action. If we do facial services - facials, laser, filler injection, thermage - on the same day as botox - the botox injection always comes after the other treatments so there is no interference. I typically do not combine same session botox with a laser treatment that can cause a lot of swelling such as fraxel.

Elizabeth F. Rostan, MD
Charlotte Dermatologist

Can Any Treatments to my Face Cause my Botox to Wear Off?

+1

Hi Hearty.  We do not know of any treatments that would effect your Botox, at least once the product has had a chance to take hold.  

When we perform laser treatments and injection procedures on the same day, we always do the injections after the lasers just as a precaution, but the device you are speaking about and others like it should not affect your Botox or cause it to wear off more quickly.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Facial treatments damage or wear off botox

+1

There are no known "facial treatments" that can cause your botox treatments to wear off their effect or cause harm to the effect of botox.

Most importantly you want to be sure you are receiving your botox treatments from a skilled practitioner

Lori A. Brightman, MD