Is Facial Swelling Normal 4 Months After Rhinoplasty?

Hi! I had rhinoplasty/septoplasty 4 months ago. Although I didn't even experience any bruising, my face and nose are still very much swollen. I was expecting for my nose to be swollen for up to a year but certainly not my face. My cheeks swell up to the point where my vision is blurred. I have very dark circles under my eyes due to the swelling. I go to my doctor an he says it is normal and sends me away. I feel that the swelling on my face is not normal 4 months post op, I know my body.

Rhinoplasty Healing Question

+1

If you feel you have unanswered questions then I suggest seeking a second opinion. Without seeing your picture it is hard to diagnose over the internet. Keep in mind, Rhinoplasty is very invasive and your body can react to surgery in a variety of ways.  Trust your instinct – if you feel you are not healing correctly, seek a second opinion.
Best of luck to you!

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon