Accent XL Vs Thermage for Facial Skin Tightening

I am 41 yrs old and have a small face with good volume, but have early jowls and loss of clear jaw line. I am keen to avoid surgery until later and wondered about Accent XL. Is it really effective and safe? How does it differ from Thermage? I have heard terrible horror stories about facial fat loss after Thermage, and therefore I want to make sure I do not end up looking worse!

Thermage

+1

Good morning Elizalily,

Accent and Thermage are skin tightening technologies. You can get a decent result with Accent or an excellent result with Thermage we have been using it succesfully in our practice for 10 years and using their new Thermage CPT for the last 3 years. You should not worry about fat loss as if they use the right curving techniques it should not affect the facial fat.

As you age the collagen in your skin breaks down resulting in wrinkles and sagging skin. Thermage uses patented radiofrequency to safely heat the deep layers of your skin and stimulate the promotion of new collagen.

You should expect after treatment redifined jaw line,tightening under the chin and smoother, tighter skin.

You will be happy with the results, good luck and be well.

The Best Non-Invasive Lifting and Tightening Treatment....Ulthera

+1

Hi Elizalily,

Accent XL and Thermage are RF (radiofrquency) technologies that send heat from the surface of the skin down in an attempt to heat deeper layers to stimulate new collagen formation.  The problem with RF technologies is that they cannot get the heat to the deeper levels without either burning the skin or melting fat.  The newer micro-focused ultrasound technology, Ulthera, is able to get maximum heat to the deeper levels without burning the skin.  After years of studying these different technologies, I would recommend Ultherapy by Ultherapy is the best lifting and tightening treatment of the face and neck (it is the only device FDA approved for lifting the skin of the neck, face, and eyebrows).  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P