Facial Skin Burn After Laser Hair Removal, Is It Permanent? (photo)

Hello, I am 25 year old male (Asian). I have a little darker skin and I received my second laser hair removal treatment. My skin got burned and it looks really bad. Please help me know how to recover. Will I have permanent marks on my skin?

Treatment of laser hair removal burns

+1

Potential risks of laser hair removal include burns even when optimal laser treatment parameters are used. This can lead to temporary or even permanent hypo-pigmentation or hyper-pigmentation. To help prevent this, my recommendations for treatment of burns in the skin are as follows:
1. Keep the areas clean by washing with a mild soap twice daily.
2. Apply Aquaphor Healing Ointment (available without a prescription) to all involved areas to keep them "greasy". The greasier the area is, the faster it will heal. The drier and scabbier the area gets, the slower it will heal.
4. Permanent scarring is unlikely but you have to guard against post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation by constant protection from the sun for these areas such as using protective clothing as well as broad spectrum sunscreens.
5. Make certain you are under a doctor's care and watch for signs of infection so that oral antibiotics can be started as soon as possible if necessary.

Web reference: http://www.dorsetstreetdermatology.com/cosmetic-dermatology/laser-hair-removal/

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon