should I consider facial plastic surgery by a doc who is only certified in Otolaryngology ?

what exactly does that mean to be "fellowship trained" in facial plastic sugery.. thanks!

About facial surgery

+1
trying  to answer  to your  question
would you go with a medical  student or  with a postgraduated  doctor?
would you buy a jewel  to anybody in the  street or  with a certified  jewelry?
finally with whom physitian  would you go to put your life with somebody that took 5 years of spetiality like any ENT or  with any  certified plastic aesthetic surgeon than took 8 years after graduated to become a spetialist?

Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Otolaryngology and facial plastic surgery

+1
Otolaryngology is the study of ear, nose and throat, and most ENT's get some degree of facial cosmetic and reconstructive training in that residency. After the otolaryngology residency these physicians take  their otolaryngology boards. After an otolaryngology residency some physicians elect to go on to perform a one year fellowship in facial cosmetic surgery. A" fellowship trained" surgeon in facial plastic surgery is a surgeon who voluntarily spent a year out of their life learning  facial plastic surgery with one of the  senior experts in their respective field. Those physicians then go on to become board certified in facial plastic surgery by taking an oral and written examination.

Should I consider Facial Plastic Surgery by a surgeon who is certified in Otolaryngology ?

+1
All otolaryngologists/ ENTs have some training in Facial Plastic Surgery. A fellowship trained Facial Plastic Surgeon is a board-certified Otolaryngologist who then pursued additional training focused solely on facial plastic surgery. They should also be board-certified by the ABOTO in Facial Plastic Surgery as well as Otolaryngology.

To answer your question, this depends entirely on the procedures you desire, the experience of the surgeon and whether or not you like the results you see in before and after photos. If you trust the surgeon, they're experienced and their photos show great results then they are likely a reasonable choice.

I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon