Facial Plastic Surgery in Argentina?

I've read some articles that note that women in Argentina are very conscious of their looks and get a lot of plastic surgery done. Also, they tend to be Caucasian (unlike plastic surgery in Thailand or India).

Do you have any suggestions or recommendations for getting facial surgery (rhinoplasty, brow lift--facial only) in Argentina?

If I can stay there for a few months afterwards (thus diminishing the risk of needing to fly back and forth), will that help?

Medical tourism may have higher hidden costs

+1

Aside from Argentina, I think the larger question you have is - Is medical tourism a good idea? While there are excellent surgeons in every country, many trained in the United States, the standards that we take for granted in the United States for health care are not necessarily maintained throughout the world. Unfortunately if you end up requiring revision in the United States, the cost will be substantially more than any savings you may have.

Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facial plastic surgery in Argentina

+1

It is ill advised to have surgery done in another country. The quality of healthcare in Argentina is not that of the United States. Many complications can occur both from a hospital hygiene cleanliness standpoint as well as the surgeon’s abilities to perform rhinoplasty. A rhinoplasty is by far the hardest operation to do in the entire field of cosmetic surgery. There are entire textbooks written on the subject. Look for a facial plastic surgeon inside the United States who has performed thousands of rhinoplasty surgeries. If this is not performed properly in Argentina, you will end up paying two to three times as much to have it revised here in the United States.

There are too many unknown variables to be comfortable recommending surgery abroad

+1

Hi there-

What I don't think many patients understand when they are contemplating going to another country for plastic surgery is how incredibly high our standards for surgical safety are in the United States (assuming you deal with a surgeon certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery).

These very high standards for sterility, anesthesia safety, instrumentation, and training of staff CANNOT be taken for granted in other countries.

I can promise you that the many patients I see with devastating problems after having surgery abroad would say that at the time they made the decision, they thought they were making a good decision.

I can also promise you, however, that EVERY ONE of these women (and I see at least one a month) would tell you that they would LOVE to have that decision back- and that the money they saved was subsequently spent several times over in the management of their problems.

Are you really willing to risk your safety, and indeed your life to save a few dollars? Really??

As for your suggestion that your surgical outcome in Argentina is likely to be better because Argentine women are more appearance conscious and interested in plastic surgery, I would say you are getting your information from poor sources.

Finally, please understand that should you decide to proceed with this plan, when you finally do return to the US, you will likely have a hard time finding a surgeon to see you if you do have a problem- most reputable surgeons would NOT want to get involved with a problem created abroad after you passed them by for your surgery in the first place.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Plastic surgery in Argentina

+1

If you have to stay there for a few months will you really be saving any money? Is that the main reason for going there?

Facial plastic surgery outside the United States.

+1

I have been in practice for more than 30 years and have seen some very bad work done there. I have also seen some good work. What will you do if you have a complication or need revision surgery. You would do better to have your surgery in the U.S.A..