If I Ask a Facial Plastic Surgeon What Surgeries Would Be Best to Enhance my Face, Can I Trust Their Answer?

I want to enhance my face but I don't know what surgeries would be required so if I visit a facial plastic surgeon would they be able to tell me what surgeries would be best to enhance my face(if i need botox,chin implants, jaw reduction etc)? Is it safe to go with their opinion or will they just list a bunch of unneccesary surgeries just to get money? should I visit more then one facial plastic surgeon and compare their opinions?

Don't be a blank slate! Come in with aesthetic agenda.

+1

Only accept a plastic surgeon's recommendations if you are willing to accept the results.  I would strongly discourage you from taking this approach. Most likely, you will be largely dissatisfied. Come in with a list of items you specifically want corrected and then listen to the options available. Meet with 3 plastic surgeons.

"Trust Your Face to a Facial Plastic Surgeon"...Really?

+1

Hi Anon,

Why would you believe any of us?  Just kiddin!  It is wise to get many opinions when it comes to facial plastic surgery.  It is most unwise to go to one plastic surgeon and say ," Just do whatever you like to me", just ask Heidi Montag.  My personal philosophy is to listen to what bothers my patient, examine my patient carefully, make a diagnosis, and then a plan of treatment.  The treatment should be as simple and non-invasive as possible, using more aggressive treatments only if necessary.  By all means get multiple opinions, and do your research before choosing your facial plastic surgeon most carefully.  There is a good reason why the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery's credo is "Trust Your Face to a Facial Plastic Surgeon".  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Trusting your surgeon's opinion.

+1

Surgeons have different views on aesthetics and you should see 3 and find out why their answers differ. This way you will be making an informed decision. Look for results that you like since you'll be getting something similar.

Visit multiple plastic surgeons

+1

Especially with what your concerns are, trust etc, you should see 3 surgeons and compare their opinions.  Just know that if they differ, it isn't because one wants to do more to you, it's just that there is no one answer.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS