Facial Pain After Two Treatments of Botox in Jaw? (photo)

I had 50 units of botox done in December 2012, 25 on each side. Results were good and no facial pain. I then had 50 more units of botox done in March 2013, again 25 per side, and ever since then the jaw pain has got worse and my jaw and apples of my cheeks are too small now and my smile and overall face is distorted 3 months after. Is this reversible? I need my face to go back to the way it was . Is there anything I can do? I read after two consecutive treatments it can be permanent.

Facial Pain After Two Treatments of Botox in Jaw?

+1

Botox is not permanent. It should be wearing off soon.  Once it wears off completely, the muscle will return to their normal function and your smile and cheeks should return to the way they were pre-Botox.

Botox is never permanent

+1

By nature, Botox is simply not permanent, ever. If you have 2 treatments, or if you have 22 consecutive treatments, you will always have to continue to do them to maintain results. In your case, since you don't want the results, if you simply stop the treatments things will go back to the way they were before.

Will Botox cause permanent change?

+1

Jasmine, If you do not use Botox for a while you will go back to your former state as it will wear off and your muscles will plump up again  as they are used.

Birmingham Dermatologist

Botox and masseter treatments

+1

Masseter reduction via cosmetic Botox isn't permanent, in fact the product is temporary and will wear off. Be sure to discuss your concerns with your provider prior to receiving treatments so you are informed of the risks associated, which are very few.