Can a Facial Muscle, Left Risorius and Left Zygomaticus Major, Post Accident and Surgery Be Reattached? (photo)

I cannot lift the left side of my mouth. I had a severe accident in which plates were used to repair facial fractures. I can only smile on the right side of my mouth. Can the risorius and/or zygomaticus muscles be reattached?

Smile surgery

+2

There are options to restore your smile after trauma, but a detailed examination and a review of records from your prior surgery is necessary first.

Your best bet is to consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon who specializes in surgery of the facial skeleton.

Hope this helps,

Dr. Hall