Should I Get Facial Liposuction on my Lower Face?

I'm in my early 20's and have always been concerned about my chubby/round face. It's mostly my jowls that bother me. My lower and upper face are imbalanced, because I have more fat around the bottom half. My face also looks a lot rounder due to fat on my chin (visible in 2nd pic), whereas my face would look pointier without the fat. I think my face would look a lot better if there were more definition, which is being obstructed by excess fat. Would it be worthwhile to get facial liposuction?

+1

It is  very difficult to determine whether your face is truly "imbalanced" without examining you in person and seeing your full face photos.   I would caution you to be very very careful about having facial liposuction to make your face look "pointier"   I have seen too many patients who have had liposuction to the face performed by other doctors and have ended up with asymmetries and indentations which have been very difficult to correct.  The one area that does respond very nicely is the sub mental region (area under your chin). Please see a board certified plastic surgeon to analyze your face and discuss your concerns and options.  

Dr. Donald Brown.

Liposuction is an option, but there are also newer more non-invasive options such as Ulthera and Thermage

+1

Liposuction is an option, but there are also newer more non-invasive options such as Ulthera and Thermage.  I would make a consultation with a dermatology practice who offers both surgical and non-surgical options.

Web reference: http://www.gbkderm.com

San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Facial liposuction doesn't always "rebalance" the face

+1

Jocelyn, you have a very lovely face. I don't think the impression of imbalance you see is probably caused by fat on the lower face, but is due to your underlying facial muscles and boney skeleton. With only pictures to go by and not being able to feel your face, I think your best option for rebalancing your face is not liposuction, but to augment the middle/upper face. 

A short-term and temporary way to do that is by using fillers, such as Radiesse, or the easily reversible hyaluronic fillers, Juvéderm, Perlane or Restylane. Another great option is Sculptra to stimulate collagen and a natural looking rebalancing. Fat transfer is potentially more permanent, but I don't recommend that until you've tried temporary options first.

Visit a very experienced physician in your area to discuss this as an option. But, make sure the doctor has a lot of experience with the use of fillers or Sculptra for rebalancing a face.

San Antonio Dermatologic Surgeon

Facial liposuction

+1

You are still quite young and your face is still likely to change. While there are a host of "treatments" available, you will need a thorough exam and discussion in person. I also believe, since your face is within the realm of normal variation, that you will need to psychologically and emotionally decide on what features are "yours". The hardest thing for many patients to do is accept certain characteristics of themselves. In addition, you must be aware of side effects and risks of treatments. Sometimes the margin or error is greater than the expected change and that is not a good bet to make.

Robin T.W. Yuan, M.D.

Facial liposuction

+1

Facial liposuction is usually discourage because it can prematurely age a person.  A careful exam and discussio of your interests is imprortant.

+1

I agree with Doctor Hansen in that any type of liposuction can improve your face/jawline appearance. I prefer Smart Lipo + lipo.

Jawline liposuction should improve the lower face .

+1

liposuction under local anesthesia for the jawline should make a noticeable improvement and is easy to undergo for roughly $2500-3250.  Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

Web reference: http://www.TheBestLipoDoc.com/drdavidhansen/landing/

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Facial liposuction!

+1

Beware. Facial liposuction seems to be a logical method to thin the face out and create a sensual jawline. In my experience, especially in the Asian population, round lower face is not all fat and includes some of the large muscular and soft tissue prominence that cannot be liposutioned. There are reports, mostly from Asia, about recontouring of the bony prominence of the mandible. Also Botox has been used to reduce the prominence of the lower facial muscles. Both of these need to be done with caution. Liposuction of the face can initially give good results if it is fat, Unfortunately, due to the disruption of the delicate soft tissue balance of the face, it will prove to loosen the skin and expedite the process of aging. So, my recommendation is to address this with extreme caution. Best wishes.

Web reference: http://www.egrari.com