2 Weeks Post Facial Liposuction and Chin Implant: Unhappy with Results

It's making me look old.I can't even look at the mirror.am devastated.what should I do?Also I have lines below both of my cheeks and my chin looks droopy.I got a big acne right after removal of my bandages.Is that a matter of concern?Should I give more time to it?

Liposuction and Chin Implant - Two Weeks PostOp: Is This My Final Result?

+2

Hi Piali,

It's way too early to draw conclusions about your final result of lipo.

In general, it takes about 4-6 weeks to see 85% of the result, 3 months to see 95% and 6 months (or longer) for the final result(s). 

Having a chin implant makes the effects of the lipo a little harder to assess since there are two procedures that you're healing from simultaneously.  And you should, of course, stay in touch with your surgeon, who is the only one who knows what you looked like pre-operatively AND exactly what was done during the surgery.

From the photo it looks like your healing is appropriate for the amount of time that has elapsed since your surgery so I would urge you to hang in there, and remain in contact with your PS.  I suspect that you'll be very happy once things have settled down.

I hope that this helps, and good luck,

Dr. E

Unhappy at two weeks

+2

way too early to tell. see your surgeon to make sure you don't have a problem that requires intervention. the first month is just to recover. i don't critically evaluate the results until at least 2 months. hang in there and see your doctor as frequently as you need to to get comfortable. good luck

Rafael C. Cabrera, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Facial liposuction and chin implant

+2

At 2 weeks you would still have some swelling.  Your post-op picture does appear to have an overly masculinized chin, but giving some time for the swelling to settle may change the appearance significantly.

Malik Kutty, MD
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon