Does Facial Implants Continue to Grow with You As You Age?

I'm planning to get cartilage grafting on my nose, and I heard that cartilage continues to grow forever. I kind of want my cartilage implant to grow as I age, so my nose wouldn't look ridiculously young. I'm also planning to get Browridge augmentation, but does those implants grow as well?

Do Facial Implants Continue to Grow with You As You Age?

+1

No they will not grow, and I would not recommend a rhinoplasty to a patient until growth is complete.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

+1

No, the facial implant (cheek, chin or other implant) is a certain size and shape and remains as such without change.  

Growth of implants

+1

We would assume that you are an adult, thus you have done your growing.  The cartilage that is implanted should function in its desired capacity with you over time. 

Al Aly, MD